This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Sunday 31 January 2010

Workshop projects

Here are two of the three projects we made yesterday. The first one we did was a card and I had made it about a week and a half ago which I was pleased with at the time but when it came to explaining to the girls how to do it I made a right mess of it! I ended up taking it apart and when I put it back together it looked like it had been in a fight and lost lol. I was really disappointed in myself that I hadn't refreshed myself on the mechanics of it but hey....it's a lesson learned right?!
This was the second project we made which went a lot more smoothly :D
These are the Bo Bunny papers I got from Hayley at Funky Farm Scrapbook Barn (link on the right) I had gotten the buttons sometime last year and had obviously been saving them for the right time lol.

This is the inside of the notebook. It's kept closed by a tiny (and I mean tiny!) magnet.

I decided to go all out and decorate the pen as well...I think it's a nice touch :D

Me getting creative lol

And a close up of the pen. I really loved making this notebook. I had seen one on a Youtube video but it was made of cardstock and although I thought it looked great I didn't think it would last long so I changed it to chipboard and covered it with the Bo Bunny paper. This one is quite simple...nothing fancy...but I think it still as the wow factor. Anyone would be happy to receive this as a gift.

The is the final project. I've had these clear boxes I got from the States since my mom brought them over last July. They've been burning a hole in my drawer so decided now was the time to bring them out. I've since found out they've been shown on Create and Craft but don't know any details.

There are so many options in decorating these boxes but I decided to go simple (again) this time and just make a handle out of cs, pp and an i-top brad. Speaking of the i-top brad I really hope they go back and re-design it the tool as it's so fiddly. Annette M and I had a heck of a time yesterday using it and we're both pretty capable girls when it comes to these things! I was doing it the way the cd shows and Annette was doing it her way but it definitely was as simple as it implies. Annette came up with a great idea of having a magnet to hold the metal pieces on while getting the papers lined up...you really do need a third hand when using this thing!!
We made 6 cards to go in the box...all the same in design but in 3 different colours. When packaged up I put the same colour card at the front and the back with the rest of the cards and envelopes in between. The card size is 5" x 5" and the box size is 5 5/8 x 5 5/8 x 1.

This is a Cat's Pajama's stamp I've had for years that hadn't seen ink (shame faced). I love it because it's so simple ... it needs very little colouring and a bit of glitter and it looks fab. The sentiment is from an Elzybell's set.

A close of up of the fiddly i-top brad.
And that's it! What do you think? The girls said they liked them so I've got to take their word for it lol. Our next get together is March as I'm concentrating on Stitches for next month (can't believe it's February tomorrow!) and it will be a crop with a make and take with the workshop in April.
I've a lot to do now so I better get going. Hope you like the projects we made.
Thanks for stopping by :D
Catch ya later x

No comments: