This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Thursday 7 January 2010

I found my mojo :D

I'm so happy...I made 2 cards tonight :D I know that doesn't sound a lot and it isn't really but it's one more than I've made the past few days lol. AND I didn't need to look through anyone's blog for inspiration....I think I've got my mojo back...yee haw! I really don't like to borrow ideas from other people because I want to try and be original but if it helps kick start the old mojo then it's gotta be done!
I reckoned it was Nikki's turn so I inked up Wine Stool Nikki. I had already decided I wanted to use my new Bo Bunny papers I got from Funky Farm Scrapbook Barn and I love how this double sided paper had the same design on each side but was kinda like a positive/negative.
Love her sparkly dress! An LBD was probably the obvious choice here but I wanted to add another colour so pink it was :D Oh and a few Swarovski crystals for extra sparkle!
I've had this clear ribbon for a good few years now courtesy of my big sis. I tried it on it's own but it didn't look like much but I wanted to use it because the flower design is a perfect match for the paper.
This next one is Handbag Nikki (you might need your sunglasses lol) and again I've used my new Bo Bunny pp and the yellow Bazzill cs Hayley added to my order as a gift. See, I told you she tries to match up :D You can't really see it that well but I used the EK Success punch my friend Annette bought me for my birthday...can you see the green spots near the bottom of the pp? I added a bit of stitching, some ribbon and There you have it!

I used one of the nailheads as the button for her cardi...they're the same ones I used on Ruby's shoes in the last post. So ... what do you think?

Someone asked me how to fold the side-step card. I have a knack of confusing people when I try to explain things...I'm much more a visual person but if you go into YouTube and type in side step card it's the 5th one down. She's the one using green cutter and a piece of kraft cs and her hand is in the picture. This is the one I used and I think she's done a great job explaining everything. Let me know if you have any problems finding her.

I know I said I'd mention the sentiments in this post but it's getting late and I've broken my NYR of being in bed and lights out by 11pm!! I'll post it in the morning and then any cards I make later tomorrow night.

Thanks for stopping by...catch ya later x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the cards.
Always enjoy new ones.