This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Friday 1 January 2010

Happy New Year!

Welcome to 2010 everyone! Wow...2010...how scary :o...where did the last 10 years go? I hope you all had a great night and haven't been suffering too much today lol. We had a great night at friends and Michelle loved her card :D

I received an email from a customer and fellow blogger Lisa http://mess2magic.blogspot.com/ yesterday sending me a picture of a card she made using Shopping Nikki and I wanted to share it with you. I get such a thrill when I see what other people do with Nikki stamps. I hadn't seen the style of card Lisa made before (have I been living in a cave??)...it's called a side-step card...and I loved how she made it into a bit of a story with the image of the boutique...Shopping Nikki was obviously very busy and successful lol.




I decided I wanted to try the side-step card but didn't think I'd get to it so quickly. It was Ines' (Cupcake Ruby & Martini Nikki) birthday yesterday and since we were going to be celebrating the bells together I wanted to make her a birthday card and as there's not time like the present I made her a side-step card. Since I didn't know where to start I googled it and came up with a couple of sites. The first one only gave the instructions...I won't tell you how many sheets of card (5!) I messed up before I tried You Tube and found a great video tutorial. Here's my attempt...




I thought a Stamping Bella Stella would be a good start along with one of my favourite colour combo's ... green and pink. Once I got the hang of it, it came together pretty quickly and I was pleased with the end result. Be prepared to see a lot more of this style. Thanks Lisa for the heads up!

One more thing before I say goodnight...Don't forget to buy February's issue of Cardmaking & Papercrafts on sale January 19th. Why???? Only because my BFF Karen has done a 12 card layout using Nikki & Friends!!!!! I feel a lot of !!!! coming on lol. Actually I've another thing to tell you...my friend Pat called me to tell me she got her February issue of Quick Cards Made Easy and that in the Top 10 Girly Stamps for 2010 Chatty Nikki was #2!!!!!!!! Woo hoo :D

Thanks for stopping by. Hope 2010 is a great year for you!

Catch ya later x

3 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Thank you for showing my card Kerry - glad you liked it. I like yours too, the side step card is a favourite of mine. I hope your friend was pleased with her card, i am sure she was.
Can't wait to receive my Martini Nikki stamp next week. I have a cousins birthday in January and it will be just the ticket!
Thanks once again,
Lisa ;)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the success of Nikki and the side step card from your friend Lisa and your own are great.

Pat Maider said...

Never seen a side step card before. They look great and very different. It's amazing how many types of cards you can come up with.