This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Thursday 30 September 2010

A little bird told me...

It's my anniversary (27 years yikes!!!) on Sunday and I've spent the last 2 days trying to figure out what I want to use for hubby's card. Absolutely nothing was inspiring me and considering the amount of stash I have, that is tragic. I figured I would just pop in and out of my workroom in the hope that the stamp, papers, ink and Nesties would magically appear in a nice little pile on my desk and all I would have to do is put it all together! Since that wasn't going to work I had a good root route (look Sue!!) look around and spied a tiny DeNami stamp I've had for ever and got to work.

I have no fear of him seeing it before Sunday as he never goes on my blog so anyone out there that knows him and might bump into him...shhhhh lol!

This is what I came up with...



It's quite white lol but I like it


 I really wanted to try Gaynor's technique of running the image through the Cuttlebug in an embossing folder so I gave it a shot. I thought this heart embossing folder would be perfect for the occasion...I love it!


Isn't this little guy just the cutest!
I love these little tags and matching punch from SU! and think it goes perfectly. (The 'o' seems to have a blemish...it's not my stamping honest!)

I've now 2 baby cards to make before I head to the hospital to visit Jean this afternoon. She's still hanging in there but her condition changes on a daily basis. She was moved to High Dependency on Friday and when I went to see her she looked great and was able to talk/whisper (she was asking for a cigarette!!!) a bit thanks to the valve in her tracheostomy but then the next day she was quite unwell and she needed morphine and a transfusion.

Don't forget to grab the banner for next weeks Blog Hop and guess the exclusive is yesterday's post to win a stamp :-D

My wonderful coordinator Lisa has made me a flabby button (it's top left and will be enlarged later today so you can read it!) for the special offer of 15% off when you place an order on the LCI website. You can take advantage of this until the end of November :-D

That's it from me today...hope yours is a good one.

Catch ya later x

11 comments:

Annette said...

hEY kERRY
I am sure P will love it, such a beautiful card and I will defo try that technique AX

Lyndi said...

Happy Anniversay Kerry and hubby. The card is gorgeous. That wee chick is adorable! The embossing over the stamp works really well too.

Lxx

cowboydutrem said...

Too cute! A very very happy anniversary to you!

Lisa Jane said...

I love it - that little chick ( despite being a bird!) is a cutie patootie!
The embossing folder is a great choice and i love the white. I went to the dentist and have not been good since ! It really hurts! Had to 2 lots of anastheatic. Will try and enlarge that button tonight!
Mum has just rung wanting a golden weeding card .. 2 chicks would have done lol!
Hope your hosp visit went ok
Lisa ;)

Whimsey said...

Happy anniversary.

I had a great comment typed and lost it in blogger errors. :(

Hope your day is extra special!!

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

Wishing you both a Happy Anniversary for Sunday - your card looks beautiful! I love the simplicity yet it's so effective! I'm really liking that embossing of the image afterwards.
Good luck making the baby cards, you've reminded me I have one to finish! xx

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! Gorgeous card too xx

Helen Ann said...

I LOVE this card, it's stunning and soooooo cute, love it. Happy Anniversary too x ps did I mention that I love the card? lol xx

Highland Handmade said...

Awwww cutie Patootie!! that is beautiful! I love it!! the little stamp is fantastic aswell!! Sending lots of hugs xx

Anita said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby, Kerry. Your card is awesome. I love that white -on-white with just a touch of the silver showing. Very pretty. Now, as for the image -- I love Denami chicks and you've got a really cute one there. Hmm, I think I need to add that one to my collection lol!

Sue U said...

Wow, stunning card - Happy Anniversary to you both xx