This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Wednesday 1 September 2010

1/2 day

Nicole asked me if I wanted to go to Troon with the dogs yesterday....ummm yes please! The dogs were due to go to Doggy Daycare but it was a beautiful day and I swapped them until today which is just as well because as I type this it's pouring rain :-(



We headed off early afternoon and walked for over an hour. It was a bit windy but the sun was shining and Rocky and Ruby had a great time. It was funny to see Rocky chasing the seagulls (I forgot the tennis balls!) ... We could see him stalking them, start running full speed and on one of the attacks even tried to jump to grab one lol. It was definitely a Kodak moment but by the time I got my camera ready the bird had got the better of Rocky and was laughing at him from high in the sky :-D



Here's Rocky carrying one of his treasures with Ruby bringing up the rear..



I love this picture of Nicole ...

One of me :-D ...


And us goofing around with the camera...



I did manage to start a card before we left and finished it off when we got back. This card is a bit special because it's going to help raise money for Ovarian Cancer. Sue, one of the lovely ladies on my DT has got some blog candy on offer and is appealing to anyone who would like to help, make a card incorporating the colour teal which is the colour of the Ovarian Cancer wristbands, ribbons etc. If you would like to help or know more about this great cause click
here

Sue, Hayley and I have coincidentally been using the same pp the last couple of days and have been swapping our cards about so they don't clash. I don't think I'll have that problem today as I've made my own pp using vellum and a snowflake stamp from my new set from SU! I cut the vellum to size then using Elzybells Whipped Cream Hybrid inpad (Elzybells is closing down but you might just get the stamp pad and other goodies if you hurry!) stamped the snowflakes randomly making sure I stamped off the vellum. The ink dries very quickly which is fab as we crafters don't like to wait around!!! I stitched the vellum to a piece of SU! Taken With Teal (I think that's what it's called) cs and adhered it to my card base.

I coloured Nikki & Buttercup Builiding a Snowman with my copics on a new cs that Lyndsey (who also has blog candy on offer for a very good cause close to her heart) recommended from Ryman's. First impressions are that I like it though it has a bluish tinge to it compared to the other cs I was using. I'll give it a few more tries before I make my final decision.


I'm loving these new Nikki images as there is very little colouring involved :-D

I added this little snowflake charm to the bow...

and some Blue Zircon Swarovski crystals at the bottom. Note to self....check for any stray hairs/fluff when taking pictures!!

I hope you like the card Sue and it helps to raise a few pennies for your friend's fund raiser :-D


I've not met my target of two cards a day...I don't know why I torture myself like that lol. Today looks promising but that's all I'll say.


Hope you have a great day...btw how did we get to September already???

Catch ya later x

8 comments:

cowboydutrem said...

Very nice card! I've never used a charm on a card. I'll have to try soon!

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

Gorgeous card Kerry and for such an excellent cause!! I still have to make mine, best get cracking! I don't think we'll clash today on papers (phew!) although I still think it's because great minds think alike! :)
Oooh and I recognise this image!!! The postman has been!!! yay yay yay!!! :D
Photos of you and Nicole are gorgeous, she looks a lot like you. And what a gorgeous walk, very picturesque!
xxx

Suzy Q said...

Nicole is your double!!! That photo of the two of you together is lovely, you should get it blown up and hang it in your house somewhere, it's so natural! Love the card and the colours.....hmmm.....must update my crystal selection!! lol xxx

Lisa Jane said...

Fab pics .. the beach looks wonderful.. and you and Nicole look like sisters!
Got my little parcel today .. thank you.
The card is beautiful.. love the vellum with snowflake stamps...and all the sparkle
Lisa ;)

Whimsey said...

What great pictures of you girlies - love them! That beach looks sooooo nice!

Lisa Jane got her parcel - THAT'S NOT FAIR (just kidding of course)! Did it contain a tiara? LOL

Can't wait to get my treasures.

Love the card too; those crystals really pop on the card and you already know I love Nikki.

Hope your day is GREAT!

Sue U said...

Wow, looks like you had a great trip out to the beach

The card is stunning, thank you so much for helping me out with this xx

Anita said...

I love your card. The vellum makes it look so "frosty" and the charm and crystals are so pretty. Beautiful pictures of you and Nicole. Yes, she does look a lot like you.

Mary J said...

Super duper card! I love that blue and glitter!

You brought a bit of glamour to the beach - Jackie Onassis has competition!