This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Friday 10 September 2010

Hello stranger...

I spent yesterday cleaning and tidying before I picked my dad up from the airport (more on that at the end). I had about an hour before I had to leave so in true crafter style made a card lol. A friend of mine (hi Suzy Q!) recently ordered Winestool Nikki and as I was packing it up realised I hadn't inked her (Nikki not Suzy Q lolololol) up in a long time so that's exactly what I did. My cards lately have taken me well over an hour (think shaker card lol) so I tried to make this one in under an hour. I just about managed...I had to abandon it at the glitter and crystal stage {shock horror} but this is what I came up with...
Not a typical me card as it's not square but I did manage to get some sewing, glitter and crystals on it. I love this Bo Bunny paper I got from Hayley

As I was colouring her up I remembered why I loved Winestool Nikki so much...her dress! I just love to glitter it up :-D


It wasn't till after I took the pictures and downloaded them that I noticed Nikki's dress had a few glitter bald patches {more shock more horror!!} but I was doing it sans glasses (never again!) and at midnight so I hope you'll let me off this time lol. I am quite pleased with it and will try and make this size card more often.
Like I said...I picked my dad up at the airport. It was great to see him though my mom is usually marching through ahead of him and he's left to steer the trolly lol. It was wierd seeing him on his own and he did admit my mom was worred about him travelling on his own. I think she's forgotten that he did a lot of travelling around the world on his own until he was 40 and met her lol. I guess she thinks it's different now he's 77! We went straight to the hospital and met dad's niece Dot (his other sister's daughter) and her daughter who I'd never met before. Dad and I went in to see Jean in ICU and it was quite a shock to see her all wired up with the machines beeping. She's on a ventilator so couldn't talk but she had been trying to take the tube out. They've been slowly reducing the sedatives and it was the first time she's been conscious since Monday. She's still very ill and hopefully will recover but I'm sure she thought she was going to die when she saw her brother standing in front of her...her eyes almost popped out of her head when she saw him lol. I spoke to Dot this morning and she said Jean tried to take out her tubes again last night so they're going to take them out today. I'm praying it's not the sad trip my dad was expecting and that when he goes home in two weeks time Jean will be well on her way to a full recovery.
The dogs are desperate for a walk so I'll go get my waterproofs on and put the Ark on standby lol. Don't forget the blog hop starts on Monday...I'm so excited and nervous...I've got my card almost completed...just a few more tweaks! Grab the badge and put it on your blog if you can. Thanks to all of you have left comments to say you have already done so :-D
Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by.
Catch ya later x

14 comments:

pinky said...

Its gorgeous kerry, I love all your Nikki images, she is definitely my favourite at the minute. Hope your dad has a good stay and his sister does show great improvement before he has to go back. Enjoy your walk, I sneaked out with my little Squirt in between the heavy showers here too!!
Pinky

Lisa Jane said...

Hi kerry - i like Pinky love Nikki she always looks fab especially with her sparkle.
So glad your Dad arrived safely and that the hospital visit wasn't quite as bad as you thought it might be .
Lisa ;)

Suzy Q said...

Hiya Kerry, as you already know i love winestool Nikki...so elegant....and... is that auburn hair you've given her.....hmmmm a TIMOTEI MOMENT!!!....LOL!! Very rich looking and not a single hint of GREY!!! ;-).... and those bubbles she has look AMAZING!!! Hee Hee xx

Anita said...

Oh, this is gorgeous Kerry. I love the sparkled dress and shoes. And the little bubbles popping out of her glass are a great touch. Enjoy your time with your dad and I hope his sister continues to improve.

Rita said...

My favourite stamp Kerry, I have used it so many times recently. She is so fabulous in her glittery gown and I just love the Hayley's paper too. Hope your Aunt finds the strength to fight this and I will be thinking of you all. Enjoy some quality time with your Dad too. Hugs Rita xxxx

Pami said...

Hi Kerry, I love Nikki! This is what I imagine I look like on a wine stool! Lovely card. I think I might get some of my Nikki's out for play now. Can someone tell me what happens on a blog hop?!! Sorry am new to blog land! Pami x

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

Gorgeous Kerry! Love those papers although I've banned myself from using them for a little while!
I'm pleased to hear that your Dad's Sister has come around and they're taking her tubes out. It all sounds positive and I hope it remains that way.
I hope your dad has a safe and "uneventful" in bad ways stay but he enjoys his time with you and your family.
Big hugs xxx

Unknown said...

Ohh..very glamorous! Love the purple sparkling dress. I have added the badge to my blog, can't wait for the blog hop!

cowboydutrem said...

Wow! Less than one hour to make a card! It usually takes me three to four hours to make a card! Nikki is beautiful in her sparkly dress.
Hope your dad's stay will be full of good news...

Highland Handmade said...

Glad your Dad arrived safely, and hope you all get some good news soon. Beautiful card as always Kerry xxx

Whimsey said...

Super cute card; LOVE that DP! And bald spots or not, Nikki's dress rocks the purple (D&K's favorite color)!!

:D

Glad your dad arrived safely and hope your aunt continues to make forward strides!

Hugs, ~M.

Roni said...

Cheers! Another lovely card, Kerry!

77! Oh my goodness what a brave man to travel so far! I'm not keen on flying so no matter what age you are, you're brave to me if you go on a plane!! Hopefully you and your dad will get some good news about your aunt soon and that she is on her road to recovery! Roni :O) xox

Mary J said...

That's me every Friday in a London wine bar! Well, actually, that's me in my dreams!

Here's a {{hug}} for you and your dad. Hope there is good news on his sister. Thinking of you xxx

Mary J said...

Oh, and I luuuurve the card! I will put glitter on all of my cards cos I know you'll love them then!