This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Monday 6 September 2010

Knackered!

Hiya!!! Well, I survived the weekend :-D I was in the classroom with fellow demonstrator's Ruth and Carol and Saturday was extremely busy. I'm sure there were bus loads of people arriving as just when I thought I could get myself a coffee a group of people arrived. I met some lovely new ladies and also ladies who follow my blog and who I met at the last demo day in July. I met Roni and Lyndi properly this time...both lovely girls. I'm trying to get Roni to stamp more and I think I might have managed :-D She made some signs (thanks Roni!) for me to put throughout CW and above my table and she also gave me a tip on cartridge paper she bought at Tesco that doesn't bleed and I managed to pick up a pad yesterday so will give it a try along with the Neenah that Sue sent me on Saturday and will give my verdict this week :-D. Lyndi made a fantastic football card using Football Jack (you can see it here) for her son who was 3 yesterday...hope you had a good day Lyndi:-D
Sunday wasn't as busy but there was still plenty to do and I managed to have a look at what Ruth and Carol were up to. Needless to say I was knackered by the time I got home so after dinner just plonked myself on the sofa!
I made this card for my friend's first grandchild. I used my favourite PB teddy's and I was really pleased with the result until I found out Luca was born on the 15th not the 16th!! I have to pass the buck onto my friend because the way she worded her text it made it look like he was born on the 16th...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it lol. I brought the card home and instead of doing the whole thing over I'm going to re-print the sentiment and mount it onto the turquoise cs and cover the existing sentiment. It won't have the same effect as it does now but it will be quicker to do! I used the Ryman's cs that Lyndsey recommended that doesn't bleed with Copics and Promarkers. It's certainly better (less bleeding) but it is quite a bright white which you can see from the picture.


I love these litte bears holding the placards :-D I coloured the bears with Copics and the signs with Prisma pencils.


I picked up a few bits and pieces to play with which I can't wait to get out. Carol was making some gorgeous cards using Martha Stewart punches so I'm going to give them a go. They're bigger than my usual card but the good thing is a lot of them aren't square so I can get out of my square rut lol. Ruth was demonstrating PB Christmas stamps with the new Metallic Stazon which were gorgeous.

Thanks to Gaynor and Donald for inviting me this weekend. I had a great time and look forward to the next one...if they'll have me!!

Catch ya later x

15 comments:

cowboydutrem said...

Love those bears! And remember: there are no mistaskes, only reasons to add an embellishment! (or, as you'll do, add a layer...)

pinky said...

Sounds like a busy weekend, glad it went well. Love your card, the bears are sooo cute and good you could change the date without having to redo the whole card!!
Pinky

Anita said...

Very cute card and your bears look fantastic. The little silver hearts you added are just perfect.

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

I love Gaelle's piece of advice/comfort that there are no mistakes. My advice (until I read further on) was going to be what you're planning to do!! I love these bears, I ordered them a while back and haven't used them yet. I need to find a good twins stamp as we have a friend expecting twins in October/November. Any suggestions anyone?!?
Glad you had a good weekend, I think it's always better to be busy! xx

Mary J said...

sooooo sweet, love it!

Is it a particular Ryman's cs? I've used their cs in the past and it bled like mad! Think I mentioned in an earli post of yours that I use Sir Stampalot's Copic card - it's pretty good plus it's not as bright as this white!

Lisa Jane said...

Awwww te little bears are cute and as i am not a bear person that is a compliment lol
I call mistakes happy accidents lol
Lisa ;)

Helen Ann said...

I love these bears too I'm just waiting for a chance to use them - no babies due for another couple of months lol. Can't wait - it'll be a nice change from all the wedding cards I've been doing lol
Love the silver hearts too.
Hel x

Meahni Pieterse said...

This is so preciously sweet, I love it.
I hate it when I make mistakes. Glad you could get around yours.

Suzy Q said...

What a beautiful card xx

Suzy Q said...

Oh and I meant to say what a fantastic card Lyndi made with Jack!! Great idea! xx

Highland Handmade said...

Beautiful Kerry as always xx

Sue U said...

I need those stamps they are so cute, although "oh no" on the date!! Glad the weekend went well albeit tiring

Sue xx

Roni said...

Gorgeous card Kerry and it was lovely to meet you properly, face-to-face! Roni :O) xox

Lyndi said...

Love the card - I have these bears and they are my fave's for baby cards!

Was lovely to meet you too Kerry. Ross got a sandpit for his birthday from my mum and dad and I keep finding sand everywhere so haven't been on the net for a while - too busy sweeping!

Off to a craft weekend in Newcastle with some friends, just about to pack as I leave tomorrow!

XX

Susan said...

Hi - Absolutely love the card - please can you tell me what stamp this is - I'd love to add it to my collection XX