This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Thursday 2 September 2010

Snow Angels

I used to love making snow angels when I was growing up. There was something magical about the whole process of finding an untouched patch of snow, falling back and moving your arms up and down and then carefully removing yourself to see the perfect angel you'd made in the snow.
It was that childhood memory that inspired me to come up with Nikki & Buttercup Snow Angels...
I teamed up some SU! kraft cs with Bo Bunny pp to create this card.

Does this bring back any memories?




LOL...here's Buttercup trying to make her own angel.
I'm still working away on samples and it looks like I might have enough for the weekend. I'm going to cut this short and get back to it.
Thanks for stopping by :-D
Catch ya later x

11 comments:

cowboydutrem said...

It doesn't bring any memories since here in Paris there's never enough snow to make snow angels... But it seems fun!

L Pyper said...

Super card - it certainly brings back happy memories.Love the glitter effect on the card.

pinky said...

hi Kerry, love this card, this image is proving to be a real favourite with me. Love all that sparkle!! Feeling a bit more normal today (not sure how good that is lol). Hugs
Pinky

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

Lovely card and gorgeous colours, brings back great memories of my childhood in Germany, we were so lucky to get loads of snow and go skating on the lake etc! xxx

Shelly said...

very cool!!!

Anita said...

Oh, this definitely brings back memories for me. We get lots of (too much!) snow here in Ohio. And like you, I can remember trying to be so careful when getting up so that I wouldn't mess up the angel lol!

This card is so pretty. I love all the sparkle and I love that image. And Bo Bunny papers are always a favorite of mine.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colours, image, everything! You're a very talented lady Mrs O! xx

Sue U said...

Fab card, love the colours and the image, and the glitter! Sue xx

Suzy Q said...

This stamp makes me laugh cos last year during our LONG HARD WINTER I got an amazing photo of my son doing exactly the same thing, making snow angels! I'd imagine alot of people can relate to it. Lovely card, love Nikki's fluffy hat and her crystal buttons!!! .....wish I was as classy as she is!! lol xx

Mary J said...

Yeah, get back to work!! ;)

Love the touch of glitter! I'm embarassed to say that Steve and I created snow angels not that long ago when we were skiing in France! Yeah, I know, I still have a lot of growing up to do!!

Lyndi said...

Lovely card. Love the colours used in this one.

Bring back memories - no, I still make snow angels, I go outside with the kids to do it. Means you can get away with not looking really silly because I'm 'showing' the kids how to do it LOL.

I also love having snowball fights with them. As the saying goes - You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing!