This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Friday 24 September 2010

Bye Dad

Dad went home yesterday so it was a pretty rubbish day for a lot of reasons. We went to see Jean at the hospital on the way to the airport so he could say goodbye. We found out the other day that there is nothing else they can do for Jean and it's only a matter of time. They've withdrawn treatment and are only giving her pain relief to keep her comfortable. Seeing dad say goodbye was so sad knowing they'd never see each other again. Then it was time to go to the airport which was pretty hard. I've never had dad to myself before and I loved it though I wish it was under different circumstances.
I still haven't crafted so you're going to have to make due with more pictures...

Me & Dad



Nic, Dad & Me messing

Nic wearing Dad's glasses lol

Nic & Ben
I know you enjoyed Wednesday's post because of the comments....shame on you ladies!!! But I'd like to thank Ryan for the extra 4 followers lol.
Catch ya later x

11 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Well i am sure your Dad will grab you a few more followers ! Love the pics ..what a lovely family x
Lisa ;)

Alison said...

Oh Kerry ,I had a wee tear in my eye when I was reading your post....you are gonna miss your dad so you will just need to get back home as soon as you can!!!! It must be so sad for your dad to be leaving his sister behind with the way that she is. I hope she is not in too much pain xx

Ali x

Suzy Q said...

Kerry I can only imagine how you are all feeling just now......BIG HUGS to you and your family xx

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

Gosh that brought tears to my eyes thinking about the beginning of your post. It's such a huge shame and your poor poor Dad :(
Thinking of you all and sending even more hugs!

You must have very good strong genes Kerry, both Ryan and Nicole look so much like you!! As Simon would say "Good breeding stock" lol!!!! Hope that's made you smile lol! Lovely pics
xxxx

Roni said...

Aw Kerry you have such a loving family so its so sad to hear about poor aunty Jean, I hope she's not hurting too much and I'm sending her lots of love!

Love your photo's, it's nice to see you have a wee giggle! Roni :O) xox

Whimsey said...

LMBO - 4 more followers due to Ben? That's fabulous!!!

I love the pictures of your family; what a beautiful family! Your dad looks awesome; but my heart absolutely breaks to know there is nothing else that can be done for Jean. I remember the last time I saw my father-in-law and KNEW it would be the last - it was absolutely, totally gut-wrenching!!!

Praying for you; ladybug hugs!

Mary J said...

Feeling {{sad}} - so awful for your poor dad and so awful for you to have to see him like that. I am sure he's really appreciated having such a wonderful daughter like you.

pinky said...

Ah I have tears in my eyes after reading that Kerry, so sad about your Aunty Jean and so hard for you and your Dad. But it was nice for you to have him for that bit of time and you'll have those memories to keep your going for a while. Hugs
Pinky
ps the pics are just love, make a great scrap page.

Purpleali said...

So sad to hear there is nothing more they can do for your Aunt Jean, hope she is not in too much pain. Your poo dad must be devatated, but hopefully he has some happy memories to help him through the hard times. Also he got the chance to say goodbye which will be of some comfort to him.

Take care, you are in my thoughts.

Sue U said...

nothing I can say

{hugs} Sue xx

Highland Handmade said...

Oh Kerry what horrible news, and so sad aswell. Not really anything anyone can say will help, but remember everyone is here for you. Hope your Dad got home safely and what beautiful pictures!! memories will last a lifetime xxxx