This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Monday 13 September 2010

Special Guest - Suzy Q!

I've a super special treat for you today. As I've been so busy this last little while I haven't made a card to show BUT I do have a card my good friend Suzy Q made! If you're new to my blog Suzy Q is 1/3 of Noah's Ark who meet up at Cathkin Braes to walk our dogs. She has 3 poodles - Starsky, Hutch and Miley and they are cute bundles of fluff. They have a great time with Rocky and Ruby...sometimes Starsky tries to have too much of a great time with Rocky but then that's another story lol.
When Susan found out that I made cards she fired question after question at me and then one day said that once her youngest started school in August she'd like to look into making cards herself. Well, that's all I needed to drag her into my world and to be honest there hasn't been much kicking or screaming on her part lol. She bought a couple of stamps from me, I lent her some tools and then I marched to her straight to Craft World to stock up on pp and cs. It wasn't long before I heard the first 'ping' on my phone...a picture message from Susan with her very first card! And then another and another and ANOTHER lol. We've now taken to bringing our finished cards to CB as well as the dogs and after our walk we show each other our latest creation. Before one of our walks last week Susan emailed asking if I had a girl footballer as a friend had seen a Football Jack card she'd made and wanted one for her daughter. I said I didn't but it wasn't long before I heard a 'ping' and opened a text message to an 'altered' Football Jack. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry...poor Football Jack now had long hair pink shorts and t-shirt rofl. I don't know who was more traumatised...me or Jack! Susan realised there was no way I was going to let her give that card to her friend and a day or so later there was another 'ping' on my phone and this is what I saw...
Rollerskating Robyn without her wheels!!! How imaginitive and fabulous is my pal Suzy Q!!!


Bear in mind Susan has only been making cards for a couple of months but you'd think she'd been doing it for years...obviously she has a good teacher lolololol.



Robyn's new football boots!!
It just goes to show what you can do with a little imagination :-D Let Suzy Q know what you think of her fab card with a little Ladybug Love :-D

So that's it for today. I'm fit to burst with excitement for tomorrow. My post is written up and ready to 'go live' at 9am sharp...I'm sure I won't be able to sleep!! Please join in the fun...the DT have come up with some gorgeous cards and have really done me proud :-D

Catch ya later x

8 comments:

cowboydutrem said...

One can always find a way to alter stamps to make what one wants! Such a good example! And a big "well done" to Suzy!

pinky said...

Ingenious!! Can't believe Suzy has only started card-making. The layout of this card is absolutely brilliant!!
Pinky

Lisa Jane said...

Oh wow - what a great idea - i love the thinking outside of the box!
Those little boots look fab and i just love the Dotty DP and luxurious ribbon.
Lisa ;)

Meahni Pieterse said...

Clever and Very Cute! I love the 3 circles, must try that some time, hehehe.
PS: yes I'm still alive, just been very busy :-(

Roni said...

Brilliant! Just goes to show that anything goes with Ladybug stamps! Well done Suzy, sending you lots of ladybug love!! Roni :O) xox

Anita said...

Wow, Suzy, that's fantastic. I can't believe you've only been making cards a couple of months. You did a beautiful job.

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

Lovely!! So imaginative! Well done Suzy Q!! xx

Suzy Q said...

Can I just say a huge thankyou for all your lovely comments!! I was a bit traumatised when i realised kerry was gonna use my card cos i's such a NEWBIE at this, but you are all so kind!! thanks again xx