This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Monday 21 September 2009

The time has come...

...to tell you my news though I don't think it was very hard to guess. And of course I'm not great at keeping secrets so there are one or three of you that I've told!

I've always wanted to have my own range of rubber stamps but didn't think it was possible because I can't draw to save myself. I told a new friend of my dream and she told me all I needed was an illustrator and pointed me in the right direction. I was introduced to a fantastic illustrator, Allan McConachie, and through him we came up with Nikki. I told him exactly what I wanted and didn't want. I wanted an image that wasn't similar to anything else on the market, who was likeable and was flexible (I don't mean back bends or anything lol). I didn't want stick arms and legs as there are enough images like that already. When I got his email with the first images I was so nervous, I was actually looking through my fingers when I opened the email lol. As soon as I saw her I loved her .... he got her on the first go with only minor tweaking (Allan might not agree it was minor but to me it was LOL). From the first 3 images I now have 20 which include 4 Christmas ones. I have posted 10 of them so far and will continue post more over the coming weeks. You may have noticed there's a shopping button at top of the page. Once I figure out how to put them on the blog with a Paypal button you can buy them but I'm not sure how long that will take. If anyone wishes to purchase them before then they can email me with their selection. The stamps will be arriving, so I'm told, this week and I hope I will have them packaged and ready to ship by the middle to end of next week!! I can't tell you how excited I am about this. And if this wasn't exciting enough I have secured my first order for a craft store in Canada!!!

So that's it...what do you think? I hope you will love Nikki as much as I do. Can you guess who I named her after?

Must get back to my workroom to finish off the projects for Saturday.

Catch ya later x

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You must be so excited to finally have the Nikkis ready! Can't wait to see them. Oh, and looking forward to Saturday too!

Tracey Falconer said...

Thank God the word, Nikki, is finally out!!!!!!! I can't wait to have my own set here in Canada so I can teach all the canucks how she should be done!!!!! Congrats Kerr, on your dream coming true!!!!!! I'm so proud of you!!! xoxo, your big sis!