This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Tuesday 8 September 2009

New goodies...and more rain!!



I'll start with with bad...I know I go on a lot about the weather here but is it any wonder when you wake up to this...















We have a Waterboard pump beside our house and because of all the rain one of the pumps broke down and instead of pumping the water away it all just flowed into our back yard. These pictures really don't do the flood justice! At least it wasn't the sewage we had a few years ago...I won't even start to tell you what was floating around!!!



Enough of that...how about this... much more exciting than rain lol. I met up with my SU! friend Elaine on Sunday at Braehead to pick up my Circle of Friendship stamps and Old Olive ribbon I had ordered. I got to meet Elaine's 2 month old daughter Erin who was beautiful. She was sleeping very contentedly so I never got a cuddle but next time I'm going to make sure I give her a little nudge so I can! Then on Monday I met up with Fee at Silverburn...don't I get around lol...to pick up my goodies that I'd ordered from Papertrey Ink. It's quite expensive to get things shipped from them so 3 of us went in to share the costs but I don't really think it was much cheaper. I got Everyday Button Bits stamp set, Hibiscus Burst grosgrain ribbon and a roll of twine. When I get to play with everything is the $64,000 question!

I'm going to see Fleet Foxes with my friend Pauline. We booked it so long ago I can't even remember what songs they sing LOL. I'll let you know tomorrow. I'm off and running....

Catch ya later x

1 comment:

Fee said...

What are you moaning about woman? You are not in sunny Vancouver now and you are not made of sugar LOL. I think photo number 3 may require some photoshopping! Looking forward to seeing your creations with your new goodies.