This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Saturday 19 September 2009

A great day all around

The coffee morning was a great success for Mandy....she raised over £1500 with more to come for MacMillan Cancer Support! We started off outside but in true Scottish tradition the weather took a turn for the worse and when the rain came on we all went inside. The weather couldn't dampen (sorry lol) everyone's spirit of the day and all the ladies seemed to have a great time. Mandy and her friends baked enough goodies to feed an army and I swear there must have been one there because there wasn't much left by the time I said my goodbyes! I sold 45 cards and 1 notepad so I was extremely happy and Mandy has asked me back for next year.

It's a mother's perogative to be proud of their children and I'm no exception. All my kids have turned out great despite having me as their mom lol. They are all very different with their own strengths and talents.

I think I mentioned in an earlier post that Ryan plays for Kilmarnock FC. He has had a disasterous 2 seasons with injuries...2 years ago he dislocated his shoulder for the umpteenth time and had to have keyhole surgery. He came back fighting fit ready for last years season only to re-dislocate that same shoulder in the first 20 minutes of the first game (both times I was at the games and now I have been banned for life!! ) but this time he had to have surgery where they cut him open which meant he was out of action till March of this year. He was winning his fight for fitness and playing in a game against Dundee where he clashed heads with one of his own players and needed 12 stitches through his eyebrow and to his eyelid! So fast forward to this season and today he started his first game in a long time and it was against Rangers. Now the last time he played against them was at the end of his first season with Kilmarnock and they were playing away. Nobody would have though Killie would have stood a chance but they won 2-1 and Ryan was man of the match! The players don't know if they're playing until they get to the ground and it wasn't until I got a text from my sil in Ireland while I was at my coffee morning, saying how delighted she was Ryan was playing! Cutting to the chase....he had a brilliant game and most important of all he left the field unscathed.

Thank you for allowing me to indulge in telling you this...after all his disappointments with injuries I hope this will be his season to shine.

Catch ya later x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kery
Love the new design !!! Great news about Ryan looks like he has turned a corner and you should be proud of them all AX