This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Sunday 27 September 2009

Are you still out there????

Apologies for my lack of posting....I don't know where the days are going. I really think there should be an extra 2 hours added to each day so I can get more done! I can't believe it's going to be October this week....someone has definately pressed the fast forward button.

I met up with Fee last week at Braehead. This was her enjoying her grande hot chocolate!!! It didn't take either of us long to scoff our drinks and cakes ; ) We'll have to do it again soon.

I had my workshop yesterday and it all went well though no matter how hard I try to make sure there's enough of everything I always end up short on something. We did the address book that I had posted earlier but I changed the image to Nikki on the phone and changed the paper. Unfortunately I never got to finish mine because this was the project I was short a few things. I'll finish it this week and post it for you.

This was the 2nd project we did. We did a gift bag using the base a few months ago but I came up with the idea of making a drawer instead of a handle and making a set of cards to put in the drawer. I loved this Crate Paper as soon as I saw it and bought the last 12 pieces when I was in Craftology the other week. Unfortunately I think it's discontinued as I scoured the internet for it and came up with zilch.
I actually changed the card a bit for the workshop. I traded the jute tie for brown ribbon and it's much nicer. I suppose I should actually show that one since I'm happier with it LOL. The girls seemed to like both the projects though when we were making the address part, one of the ladies (mentioning no names....Annette!!) got a bit hot under the collar and turned the air blue when she was gluing the letters to the acetate. I think the glue was getting the better of her but she ended up showing who was the boss by the time she finished LOL.

I have been working like a Trojan packaging the Nikki stamps. Unfortunately I didn't get much done for the workshop but Annette had been looking at the store on my blog and printed out the pages of stamps and brought them with her (no I didn't pay her LOL!!). I'm happy to say the girls seemed to really like them and a few were sold. So a big thank you girls!

It doesn't look like I've made a dent in packaging the stamps which makes me wonder how the heck I'm going to do this if Nikki really takes off!!! Fee has kindly agreed to help me with the packaging on Tuesday, forfeiting our Last Tuesday of the Month (LTOM from now on) projects till next month. We've also decided that we're only going to do one project as sometimes the time is tight to fit 2 in.

I didn't get much sleep last night thanks to the boys...that deserves it's own post lol...so I'm going to get the dogs out and get to my bed. I'll say goodnight...hope you've all had a good weekend and ....

I'll catch ya later x

No comments: