This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Monday 14 September 2009

Sew what!

I have been sewing up a storm tonight...I can still hear the machine in my head! I don't seem to be able to make a card these days without putting some kind of stitching on it. I got a text today from a girl who has a coffee morning once a year at this time for breast cancer asking if I would sell my cards at it. She has a number of friends also selling handmade/crafted items and a portion of the profits go to Cancer Research. So you're probably wondering what this has to do with my sewing. Well my stock of cards is really low at the moment and her coffee morning is this Saturday...yikes...so I'm trying to get as many cards made between now and Friday along with all the other things that I do. I decided to to just the bases tonight and tomorrow I'll do the images. Believe it or not I've made 24 bases and I think I might do this in the future. I started at 8pm and fnished at 11...I'm very impressed with myself lol. I also want to make some little books and possibly...and I think I'm being a bit amitious here...make some of the gift boxes with the ribbon handle. I have a bit to do in the morning after dropping the dogs at DDC but I plan to be home by 12 and put my head down only coming up for fuel ie coffee!

I didn't manage to take a picture of my Nikki card today but this is a card I made for my friends MIL's 80th birthday....and I managed to match the colours with her living room without being told! It was a boxed card and my friends MIL loved it : )

The image is Stamping Bella, ribbon PTI and the pp My Mind's Eye - Bloom & Grow.


Thanks for stopping by...



Catch ya later x

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! I really like the aqua and orange together.