This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Saturday 1 August 2009

Workshop success!

A good time was had by all me thinks : ) I had 3 really great projects lined up for todays workshop and I think they all went well. I've got a thing for calendars at the moment and this is the project we started with. Anyone who knows me knows I don't do scrapbooking...it's just not my thing...so I knew when the girls saw this they would be shocked...and I was right lol. I have never been interested in scrapbooking or distressing or shabby chic but all that changed in this project. Two separate pieces of canvas boards connected with eye and hook screws. The canvas was distressed with brown ink with a touch of pink. I add my fave Basic Grey pp with some SU! and Martha Stewart punched vellum flowers with Doodlebug glitter brads. The photo is from a collection on a CD I've had for years and the calendar was made by my sister's friend Kerry-Anne on Microsoft Word. I think it's really pretty.


The second project was a chipboard gift bag with a set of 4 note cards again made with BG (I hadn't made the notecards when I took this picture). This pp is from the Lemonade range which I love. I cut the flower and heart from chipboard covered with the same pp with my cuttlebug and die which is attached with a ball chain onto the ribbon handle. I used a MS punch for the scalloped border and finished it off with AB crystals. This is a great bag...if you don't want to make cards to go with it you can get little bottles of bath products or some makeup and put them in it. I think anyone would love to receive this as a gift.


Last but not least was this cute card. It was quite easy after the first 2 projects and finished the day off nicely. The image is from Stamping Bella, the pp is Doodlebug, ribbon SU!

Our next crop is August 29th where we will do our own thing with a m&t and September 26th is penciled in for the next workshop.

Thanks girls for today...it was great fun and I look forward to the 29!

Catch ya later x

No comments: