This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Friday 31 July 2009

Sour taste...

Something happened today that I'm still reeling about. I have been ordering my Basic Grey from a certain website (will not mention names but if they ever read it they will know who they are!) for about 6 weeks. I think I mentioned in a previous post that I {heart} BG and I've been using it a lot for the m&t's and workshops. I placed an order this morning...about £17 including postage and was looking forward to it arriving either tomorrow or Monday. I went off and continued cutting, trimming, etc for the workshop tomorrow. Later I came to check my emails to find this from the website:

"Dear Kerry, All the new Basic Grey ranges are getting low in stock so we have had to cancel your order to give our other customers a chance to get the new papers; many enjoy coordinating with the other products in the ranges. I shall let you know when we have enough stock for paper only orders. Many thanks."

As you can imagine my jaw dropped...I couldn't believe what I was reading so this is what I sent back:

"Dear Karen, I'm really sorry you felt you had to cancel my order. I can appreciate how other customers like to co-ordinate the ranges but I am a customer as well and I have spent a lot of money with you over the last month or so. I am quite upset as I enjoyed shopping with you and was always pleased with the service and was quick to pass on your web address to my friends. I guess this will be an opportunity to give my custom to another online store. Kerry"

I was quite happy with my reply...didn't say a lot of things I would have liked as I was well brought up LOL and then look at the reply I got:

"Dear Kerry,

I am sorry you are upset but I have to look out for my many other regular customers also.
Many online retailers have stopped stocking the single papers because selling them is often not viable, we pay a huge amount to get them imported from America. We stock them solely to enable our customers to coordinate the other products in the Basic Grey ranges with the papers, they were never intended to go to a few customers purchasing papers only. As it is we have had to stop large quantities of paper-only orders by limiting quantities avalable to five sheets per order.

I appreciate you have placed a number of paper orders already, hopefully this means you have a little stock pile to tie you over until you can find another supplier.

I am sure you can find other UK retailers stocking single sheets, although you may have to search a little. Best of luck and thank you for your previous custom."

They must be extremely busy and making a lot of money that they don't need mine! They obviously are trying to sell the embellishments that go with the ranges but they must realize that they would sell more of the paper and not everyone wants them. I don't want the embellishments...I wouldn't use most of them so I don't think I should be penalized because I want just the paper. I am so shocked ... I cannot believe anyone would treat a customer this way. This makes me determined that one day I will fulfill my dream of having a shop and I will never ever treat any of my customers this way.

Am I being silly? Does anyone think I'm getting hot under the collar for nothing? I'm interested to hear what everyone else thinks.

Thanks for letting me sound off. I've got more important things to think about now anyway...the workshop tomorrow!!! I am so looking forward to it. I have 3 great projects for the girls to do and I hope they love them as much as I do. I'll post pictures either tomorrow night or Sunday.

Have a great weekend, catch ya later x






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Disgusting!! You're far too nice Kerry....this company needs to be named and shamed so that others can take their custom to a company that appreciates their business!

Tracey Falconer said...

What I'd like to know is how do they determine who is a more valued customer???? Isn't every customer valuable?? The fact that they made their choice based on the fact that you only ordered paper, (knowing you it wasn't just a couple of sheets), is absolutely insane. How many other customers do they treat like this? If they continue this practice they will find themselves out of business very quickly with my sister picking up the pieces!!!!! I say boycott!!!!!

PeeJay said...

Well, they obviously don't want your custom! My 'local' craft retailer also sells online and they sell BG .. pads & single sheets and don't have a ceiling on what you order as far as I know. Reasonable p&p as well - http://www.theglitterpot.co.uk/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=476