This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Sunday 26 July 2009

First things first

Does anyone know how to get rid of the big space between my postings? I've tried everything and nothing seems to work.

Now that's out of the way how the heck are you? It's a rainy day here in Glasgow...nothing unusual I suppose but we have had some nice weather recently which IS unusual lol. I haven't been out with the dogs yet it's that bad but hopefully later it'll at least stop raining long enough to get to the Braes. Rocky keeps reminding me he hasn't been out...if he doesn't stop stretching in front of me I'll put him out in the rain!!!

BTW I do have two dogs...poor Ruby hasn't got a mention or a picture posted so I'm going to fix that right now!! Here she is....my little girl : ) Isn't she beautiful??!! She's very special and most of you know the story but I'll save posting it for another day.

I've got an exciting week ahead. My bf Fee is coming over on Tuesday for a playday. We started this last month and have decided that we're going to get together on the last Tuesday of each month, alternating houses. We have to create a project each for the other to make which is great fun. I've made a gorgeous one...I think so anyway lol...and I read on Fee's blog this morning that she's got hers done and dusted too! Like Fee I'll post a picture after Tuesday as I want to keep it as a surprise for her.

Then on Saturday I've got my crop!! I really look forward to these every month because it's really hard to talk to non crafters for more than 5 minutes about the latest glitter or Bazzill or designer paper without their eyes glazing over! It's only a small group of girls but they are all lovely and we have such a laugh. Before I started the crop properly I had a few girls over to my house. We were in the kitchen and Pierce was in the tv room and when they all left 9 hours after they arrived (!!!!!) he couldn't believe we could talk about paper and such for so long lol. The first crop started in March or April and we do a make and take and then we'd get on with our business. My m&t's take at least an hour to make and the girls really enjoyed them so we decided that maybe we'd try doing just projects one month. I made 3 projects for us to do, a perpetual calendar, a little box with 6 gift cards and a little gift bag. It was a lot of work but a huge success and now we've decided to do a normal crop with m&t one month and a workshop crop the next. And guess what...this Saturday is the workshop crop!!! I have got 3 pretty cool projects for us to do and will post pictures of them after the workshop. I drop the odd hint to tease the girls but they never know exactly what they're going to be making. I've got a fully house this time which is always fun. Unfortunately my bf Lynn can't make it as her sister is arriving this week from the States for a couple of weeks. I've been teasing her as I've been finishing each project and hopefully she can make the next one : )

Right...enough babble...here's a card I made back in January. I love making baby cards...especially for little girls because I can use lots of glitter and crystals. I've used cs from my stash, pp Lasting Impressions, Stamp is SU! from the Bundle of Joy set, Nesties, brads are Doodlebug, crystals are from my own stash.

I really like the layout and it's made me want to case it again so I think that's what I'll do to kickstart my mojo!


The sun is now shining and I think there's enough blue sky that the rain will stay away for a while so I'm off to take the dogs for their long awaited walk. Thank goodness Steven's coming back from holiday tomorrow so he can help me out!!

Catch ya later x

1 comment:

Tracey Falconer said...

It's nice to see I pic of Ruby! Was your walk wet? I haven't made a card for a while and your little bear has tweaked a stirring of creativity, I must go play with paper now! I've been dying to use a new embossing folder I got recently, let's see what I can come up with using your inspiration, Sis!