This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Thursday 27 August 2009

After the excitement of yesterday, today turned out to be a non kind of day, if you know what I mean. I had loads to do but felt like I was on a hamster wheel going round in circles. Started by taking the dogs a walk then dropping off a card a friend had ordered, shopped for food, came home, hung out the wash, vacuumed, hung out more wash, had some lunch (even though by this time it was 3pm!), did a bit of computer work (that's another word for blog hopping lol) then finally got down to creating the make and take for the crop on Saturday. Got that finished, had my dinner then visited my friend Sadie who I see every Thursday night. She's 79 this year and is like a surrogate mom to me. She's quite a character and sometimes drives me up the wall but she has a heart of gold and we do have a good time together. Tonight she wanted to go to Asda to change her coins in the Coin Star machine lol!!! Things like that make her happy so who am I to deny her her simple pleasures??

This is my last Nikki sample...I'm going to have to get my skates on and make some more. I think this is a great birthday image and she seems very happy with her presents lol. I coloured her with my Copics, added a bit of stitching to the Basic Grey pp, SU! ribbon and a bit of glitter...a card is not a card without glitter or some kind of bling!


I'm afraid my chat isn't up to much tonight...it might be the thought of taking the dogs out in this horrendous weather that has just whipped up! Hopefully I'll have more to tell you and some more samples to show off.

Until then, I'll catch ya later x

No comments: