This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Wednesday 3 February 2010

Shining star

Yesterday started off in the worst possible way. I had a quick look at my emails before I left for the airport with Steven for his business meeting in London. There was a Facebook message from someone I hadn't heard of before giving me the devastating news that my friend Jana whom I'd know since the age of 2 died of a pulmonary embolism on Sunday...she was only 45. We lived across the street from each other for 4 years and our parents were great friends. I remember our families going on holiday together to Birch Bay and me getting into trouble for teaching her to swear! Over the years we lost touch as they moved but she was never far from my thoughts. About 2 years ago Jana found me through Facebook and when I went home in December 2008 for my mom's 70th birthday she invited me to her house for lunch. It was the most miserable of days and as I didn't have a car and she didn't live far from my sister Shelly I walked to hers and arrived soaking wet looking like a drowned rat. We had a great time catching up, I met her husband who made lunch and her lovely daughter Kaitlyn. I remember telling you in an earlier post her parents families still live in Scotland and her cousin owns a restaurant in Glasgow where ironically Pierce and I had dinner a couple of months before Jana found me.
I had hoped to meet up with Jana the next time I was home but sadly that will never happen.
I'm so glad you found me Jana and came back into my life ... if only for such a short time.
xxxxx

3 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

What sad news - i am so sorry. That must have been a terrible shock for everyone.My thoughts are with you and your friends family. Remember the happy memories.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Sad news for you - keep hold of the memories
M

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear that, hope you are ok. x