This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Tuesday 16 February 2010

Goundhog Day

I woke up to a frosty morning...I somehow thought that weather was behind us but it looks like it could be with us up till the weekend with maybe a little snow thrown in. I think I've had enough snow for a while and long for spring and the warmer weather. I've noticed the nights are getting slightly longer with it still being light at almost 5pm! February 2nd is Groundhog Day in Canada and the States. The saying goes if it's cloudy and the groundhog emerges from it's burrow, it will leave it's burrow signifying winter is almost over. On the other hand if it's sunny, the groundhog will supposedly retreat back into it's burrow and there will be another 6 weeks of winter! I'm not sure which was the case this year...I must ask my mom next time I talk to her.
I made this card last night for Moira to thank her for the latest Ruby Fairies. I hope she doesn't look at my blog before she gets it tomorrow!


I'm not a big fan of blue except for my denim jeans but I wanted to bring out the blue in the pp. I love this image of Ruby...it can represent so many occassions...birthday, Mother's Day, thank you, sorry, just because and loads more.



I wanted to show you that although I'm not watching much of the Olympics I do have a souvenier to support them! My mom bought me a pair these mittens for my birthday back in December and I used them all the time because they were so warm but they got a bit tatty from making and throwing snowballs at the dogs! At the time she said you couldn't get a pair for love nor money and she was lucky to get mine. When I told her about mine looking a bit worse for wear she managed to track down another pair...I'm sure she was camping out waiting for the shipment to come in.


They've got a lovely fleece lining and kept my hands toasty during that really cold weather. Rocky and Ruby love my mittens and another red pair of fleece gloves (courtesy of Judy!) and when we're walking, they try and take them off my hands! Ruby is the worst culprit and once she's managed to pinch one she runs as fast as her three legs will carry her!!
Right...breakfast time then shower then work! Have a great day.
Catch ya later x

No comments: