This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Monday 1 March 2010

I've just about come down to earth after yesterday's thrilling hockey game which we ... Canada...won!!! Did I tell you we won lol??? I spoke to Shelly this afternoon and she said she and her husband Richard watched the game from a little restaurant on Robson Street in Downtown Vancouver. They left straight after the game and said the atmosphere in town was incredible and that everyone was high fiving and hugging each other :-D Not only because we won the game but we set a record with the number of gold medals won by a host nation. The closing ceremonies were amazing and said it was an experience of a lifetime.


I was asked to make a card for a friend before I went to Stitches and just like me I left it to the last minute...she needs it for tomorrow (Tuesday)! I ordered this gorgeous paper while I was at Karen's from
A Trip Down Memory Lane and it arrived before I got home. It's My Mind's Eye from the Mary Mary Happy Birthday collection. I think I bought 4 different pp from this collection and I love them all!


It took me a while to get into the groove since I hadn't made a card for almost 2 weeks...a lifetime in a cardmaker's world!

The card is for a 50th and of course I had to use Martini Nikki. The thing I love about Martini and a lot of the other Nikki stamps is that they're suitable for various ages. I think she'd suit someone in her 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's and even 60's as 60 is the new 50!!


A little glitter never hurt anyone so I added plenty to Nikki's top.


I got word this afternoon that my order of stamps arrives tomorrow....woo hoo!!! The only thing is I don't know what time it's coming...fingers crossed it's in the morning so I can get some of the orders in the mail. Annette's coming to help me put the coding stickers on the stamp packages then pack the orders. She really is a glutton for punishment lol.

That's it for tonight. Thanks for stopping by.

Catch ya later x

ps Did I tell you Martini Nikki was one of the most popular images at Stitches?

3 comments:

Mel @ ATDML said...

Thanks for sending us a link to see what you did with the patterned paper. That line really is lovely and very useable. Your card looks fab, I am sure the recipient will love it! Mel & Jill xx

The Crafty Blonde said...

Hi Kerry,
Fabulous card, love Martini Nikki to she is just sooo fab. Love the new paper gorgeous design and the bow detail looks great. Loving the little pearls on the sofa too!!
Lyndsey xx

angelwhispers said...

Love the card Kerry!! She looks fab in all her glitter. Can't wait for these to arrive at the Craft Den!! xx