This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Friday 26 March 2010

Work of art

Remember I told you Gaynor had made samples for me and they were arriving this week? Well postman Steve rang my doorbell with a box for me and it was my samples. I was so excited I even showed them to Steve lol. Even with his handicap of being a man (as they don't notice detail) couldn't help but be impressed with Gaynor and Ann's cards! See for yourself...
How amazing is this! 3D'd, decoupage...call it what you like but a lot of work went into these samples.
Look at all the layers!
The cutting of these images must have taken hours
Even with my glasses I'm not sure how many layers there are but I think it's 5 or 6!
When I met Gaynor and Ann at Birmingham and they told me they'd make me some samples of course I was delighted...especially after they showed me the Hero Arts ones they did for someone else. Gaynor's business card was pulled from the prize draw box to win the set of 8 Ruby Fairies. I was a bit sceptical when Gaynor said she'd make my samples from theRuby's because the were so intricate but if you look close enough (click on them to enlarge) there are no white bits or tears. It must have taken them hours and a lot of patience to stamp, colour and cut the images out. This is one of 8 samples and I can't wait to show you the others. I'll share more tomorrow.
I said I had something to share with you .... actually I have 2 things. One is that I have asked Gaynor and Ann to be on my design team...not that I have an official one lol...and they have agreed.! I think it's great to show off a different way of using stamps apart from the obvious. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with Nikki & Friends :-)
The 2nd thing is I'm in the process of making my own website!!! Not sure I fully understand what I've let myself in for but I'm up for the challenge. I started it yesterday and hopefully by Monday I'll have it up and running. I am technically challenged when it comes to the nitty gritty ie html etc of computers and programmes but the company I've gone with were recommended to me and I've read some good things about them. I've already used their live help line and Matt was brilliant. I'm sure I'll be using it a lot over the weekend and they might just end up barring me lol. Wish me luck!
My stamps arrived yesterday but sadly not my label gun...I found out this morning it won't be coming until next week so Annette and I have our work cut out for us today...especially with another load of stamps coming this morning! I managed to get all the back orders out late yesterday afternoon....thank you for your patience...and I have another few orders going today and that will be me up to date.
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you all have a great weekend.
Catch ya later x

3 comments:

The Crafty Blonde said...

WOW!!! this card is fantastic. Love all the decoupage layers it definately must have taken forever. Cant wait to see the rest of the samples.
Lyndsey xx

John & Margaret said...

Lovely card- a lot of work. I'm looking forward to the others you are intending showing.
Good luck with the website.

Annette said...

Beautiful cards, the girls have put a lot of work into them, they must be very patient and have great eye sight !!!!! AX