This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Monday 15 March 2010

Stampin' Up! fun

When we were at the Stampin' Up! stand at the SECC Annette and I were invited by Emma Crockett (a SU demonstrator) to an event held at the Pond Hotel on Saturday. When we arrived we got our ticket stamped...I spied a cupcake so asked for that and Annette got a .... can't remember!... and found a seat at one of the tables with 6 other girls. There were lots of demonstrations and we got to make 3 projects.
The first was this card using my favourite colour from SU! Old Olive cs and a new stamp set to be released April 1st called My Sweet Pea. To say Annette and I fell in love (not to sound too dramatic lol) with this set was an understatement! SU! have a knack of putting colours together that you wouldn't even think to in a million years. Here we've got Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise and I think Pink Passion. There's also Chocolate Chip ink for the bird.

This is an almost 6 x 6 scrapbook page which could easily be a card for those of us that haven't succumbed to the dark side!! I love this set :-)

And our final project was this voucher card holder. I love the Bashful Blue and Old Olive together. Did I tell you I love this set lol??? So that's one stamp set and three very different projects. I can't wait for this set to be released...only 16 sleeps to go! I was writing my wish list as we went along but ended up crossing half of it off when I got home when I realised I had most of it.

After the first project there was a prize and the winner got the My Sweet Pea stamp set and Pumpkin Pie ink pad. I couldn't believe it when they flashed up a ladybug on the screen...this was what the stamp was for on our invitation when we arrived. I spied the ladybug but thought it was a strawberry lol!!! Oh well better luck next time.

In between the projects there were demonstrations from 2 of the demonstrators. Emma's was really cool. She made a flower out of a long piece of ribbon and it looked super easy. I'm going to give it a try and hopefully do a tutorial on it.

When it was all finished and I was tidying up one of the girls from our table came up to me asking if I was Kerry. I wasn't sure if I should own up since I didn't know if I was in trouble or not (guilty conscience???) but it turned out she was one of my followers....hmmmm...that sounds almost cultish!!! How small worldish was that?? Anyway, hi Susan...it was lovely meeting you. Don't forget to send me pictures of your Martini Nikki cards!

Looking at the time I think I might just get a card or two in before bed. Thanks for stopping by.

Catch ya later x

2 comments:

Shelly said...

love the bird!! he's cute

Annette said...

Yes we did have fun Kerry, loved all of it and I really enjoyed the tutorial, keep up the good work girl !!!!!! AX