This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Tuesday 31 May 2011

TLT - Anita's Challenge - Make Your Own Embellies

Hellooooooooooooooooooooo and welcome to another Totally Ladybug Tuesday! Hope you've all had a good week and didn't get blown about too much. It's been pretty blustery (is that a word??) most of the week here and I'm crossing my fingers and toes that we'll start getting better (warmer, drier, sunnier) weather

This week is our flabulous Ladybug Anita's turn to choose our challenge and I love it...make your own embellishments! There's so much to choose from...flowers, flowers...did I mention flowers??? LOL...believe it or not I didn't make flowers for this challenge...I did something totally new...I made epoxy dots!!! Have a looksee and tell me what you think....



I was a bit of a multi-tasker and combined the challenge with Amanda's birthday card. Her birthday was Sunday and by all accounts she had a flabulous day :-D I used my new KI pp which I LOVE and my new embossing folder.






I thought I'd try something different for the flower on The Flip Flops and used FS with my micro beads


These are my epoxy dots...super cute. I bought 2 sizes of the Ephiphany Crafts expoxy dot maker...this one is SST-02 Roiund 14. They are so easy, quick and fun to make...I used the same KI pp as the front of the card.


I finished off the inside Mary J style

Thank you to everyone who entered last weeks challenge ...we had flabulous entries so make sure you head over to the Challenge Blog to see if you're one of the winners. If you're the overall winner email me with the stamp you'd like (£6.50 value) and where you'd like it sent :-D

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for this weeks challenge!

Thanks for stopping by

Catch ya later x

10 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow .. i love those dots!! what a flabby idea.. the little beads are soooo cute too.
Promise to get my finger out later lol
Lisa x

Amanda R said...

Yes, blustery is a word and thank you in advance for the card, I love it! Your coloring just gets better and better Kerry! I have one of those epiphany epoxy dot makers and totally forgot about it, will have to pull it out. Love the microbeads, gonna get me some of those!

cowboydutrem said...

I want to know how it works... Do you buy clear dots and add paper behind them, do you melt your own plastic? I have never seen anything like an epoxy dot maker so I'm über curious!

pinky said...

Oh I love your new dots, beautiful or what. Loving the beads will really have to do that as I know I have some somewhere. Gorgeous card Kerry.

Whimsey said...

Oh if you could only hear me giggling. GREAT choice of image.

Now I tried fluffy stuff and some clear microbeads on my flowers...IT LOOKED AWFUL, Kaitlyn even SAID it looked awful. Hence the reason I had to stamp the sandles again and cute out the flower and straps. LMBO

Love your card; the epoxy dots are adorable; REALLY love that embossing folder!!

Highland Handmade said...

Alright show off ... .just look at this card, gorgeous card, gorgeous paper, gorgeous expoxy dots and gorgeous layout ... me? Jealous? not much! :D xxx

Mary J said...

Well done for NOT making flowers! Really lovely card!

Pami said...

Fabulous, is this something else I need to buy??!!! I love this image, nearly used it myself this week. Love the little micro beads, great idea. Pami x

Sue U said...

I've seen these epoxy dot makers and I have been resisting!! I love your card, and am sure Amanda will love it too :-) Great papers and embossing folder to go with the fabby image!! Sue xx

Anita said...

Beautiful card Kerry. Love the microbeads on the flip-flops. Those epoxy dots are so pretty and I have never heard of that tool ... will have to check it out. Gorgeous embossing folder too. Thanks for the lovely card for this challenge :)