This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Tuesday 24 May 2011

TLT - Pinky's Challenge - Animals

Wow...I can't believe my house is still standing after the winds yesterday (up to 100mph)! I hope everyone affected by the GFW are safe and haven't had too much damage to their property. I thought we'd gotten away with a few patio chairs blowing around but a HUGE tree at the bottom of our yard on the other side of the fence fell into our yard taking some of the fence with it. I haven't managed to get a picture yet but will post one later. Also our heavier than heavy BBQ was lifted and blown across the patio!! Mother Nature is so not happy :-(

With the winds came the inevitable power cuts and yup you guessed it...we lost power for over 4 hours.  I managed to get everything but the sewing done and just before 8pm the lights etc flickered and I was finally able to finish my card. With the pictures finally taken and Photoshopped (I think Pinky was stressing as my card hadn't appeared until after 10pm last night :-S) here is the end result....


 

There are so many LCI stamps to choose from that have animals but I hadn't inked up Buttercup - In the Doghouse in a while so I did lol. I coloured her in with my Copics, cut her out with my Nesties and mounted her on scalloped green cs. What do you think of the pp? Isn't it stunnalicious! As I was about to pay for my things at Precious Memories after my demo, I noticed this gorgealicous Basic Grey pp called Sweet Threads. I only bought one sheet each of 5 in the range so I'm kicking myself I didn't get more.


Poor Buttercup...she doesn't look too happy now her house is sold. I made up the sentiment with my favourite alphabet set. 



I wanted to give the card a bit of dimension so I stamped the image twice (which means colouring it twice!) and cut out one, including Buttercup, and sticking it over the main image using dimensional foam pads so it looks like Buttercup is actually in the house.



It would have been rude not to use my EK Success paw punch and I found this megalicious crinkly ribbon I bought sometime last year.

Thank you to my lovely Ladybug Pinky for choosing this weeks challenge...I'm sorry if I stressed you out lol.

Now don't forget to check to see if you're a winner from last weeks Challenge. If you see your name in the #1 spot email me with your chosen stamp and where you want me to send it.

Before I forget I want to apologise for the lack of words in my post last week lol. Before I left for Vancouver I uploaded all the photographs and was going to write up the posts once I was there. I did the first one fine but then we went to the States all day on the following Monday and didn't get back till late and I totally forgot about it until I woke the next morning! By that time it was well into the afternoon here and apart from thinking you'd enjoy a quick post for a change and not have to read all the rubbish I write, I didn't have the energy. I know some of my team were a bit concerned as they say I'm never lost for words lol.

Anywho, thanks for dropping in. I hope you enjoy this weeks challenge and the inspiration the team have for you. Why not let us know what you think by leaving a comment...we LOVE to hear from you :-D

Catch ya later x

12 comments:

Highland Handmade said...

Looks gorgeous, the papers are fab and I love the way you have popped the house right off the page!! xx

pinky said...

Lol wasn't stressed at all lol. Just having a play with the old whip lol. Love your card Kerry, great demension and I so love your new punch:) Crikey hope the damage from the wind is covered in your insurance!!

Amanda R said...

Love how you popped up the doghouse and that paw punch is the perfect accent! You didn't insult Mother Nature did you? Maybe she was jealous of your hair and trying to do her own brazilian blowout!

cowboydutrem said...

Love that dimension on the doghouse and love the paws punch!!!

Whimsey said...

WOW - amazing dimension; beautiful coloring; adorable border punch....hmph...stinkin' adorable!!!

Welcome home; sorry about the winds...WOW; that's some serious MPH that can do some serious damage! :( BLAH!

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is gorgoeus .. i just love the little 3D kennel.. i want one.. then i can go outside for some peace lol
I love the pretty papers too.. perfect for buttercup
Lisa x

Suzy Q said...

Gr

Susan said...

What a fantastic card !! - my famous friend - just received my Simply Cards and Papercraft magazine today and there you were !! - and next month's free gift - your stamps - could I be happier ???!!!
Love the challenge this month just need to get my act together and make one for it....speak soon xx

Anita said...

Fabulous card Kerry. Love the way you popped up the kennel and that dp is yummy. And of course I love that pawprint punch ... it's perfect!

Pami said...

Hi honey, gorgeous card! That paw print border punch is just TOO CUTE! I want it! Glad you survived the the high winds, how awful. Your post did make me laugh last week! Hope all ok with you. Pami x

Mary J said...

Really fabby card - you know how much I luuuuurve Buttercup! Where did you get the doggie paw punch from?!!!

Janice said...

Great colouring on the dogs house, so I'm not surprised it's sold! Lovely work, Jx