This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Tuesday 3 May 2011

TLT - Lisa's Challenge - Going Dotty!

Another Tuesday another TLT! But before I get to the nitty gritty, thank you to everyone who left comments last week for our blog hop. We all had a blast and I think you did too. The winners have been chosen so make sure you 'hop' on over to the Challenge Blog to see if you're one of them :-D

Today's challenge has been chosen from the irreplaceable Lisa (though don't tell her cuz it'll just go to her head!) and her theme is Going Dotty. I don't know about you but I love dots...all shapes and sizes. Did you just read that and think 'I didn't know dots came in shapes'? LOL...I did as I typed it but hey ho, why not!

I made my card AGES ago because I needed to be organised as I'm going home tomorrow for two weeks...Yippee!!! It will be 2 1/2 long years since I was there for my mom's 70th birthday and although I only saw my sister's in January at CHA it's going to be flabulous to get everyone together again. Already my calendar is getting full...Shelly's a hairdresser and first thing Thursday morning she's cutting and colouring my hair. I CANNOT wait but it gets better...on Saturday she's giving me a Brazillian Blowdry (I can't tell you how much trouble I got into with Tams when I was telling her about that and then of course she had to tell the rest of the Ladybugs hmph lol!) For those of you that don't know what a BB is, think no more straighteners (flat irons)...well for about 4 months anyway!! I'll be able to wash my hair and let it air dry and it will be straight...blowdry it and it will be straight. I will no longer be a slave to my straighteners .. just wash and go!

Hang on...back to the card and I'll fill you in on other stuff at the end :-D

Going dotty....no problem as I've got loads of dotty paper. I grabbed Gossip Nikki and inked her up with my Momento inkpad and coloured her in with my Copics.


It doesn't look like it from the picture but the turquoise ruffle edged ribbon does go with the cs. I punched out a border with my MS punch and the Best Friends sentiment with my SU! Word Window Punch. I made the matching brad with my Imaginesce i-top brad maker.


Of course Nikki's friend had to have a dotty sweater...this was easily done with my white gel pen. A bit of sparkle for Nikki's top with GD and a swarovski crystal earring, sleeve button and bracelet finished her off.


I'm  pleased with how their hair turned out. I tried really hard to get highlights and with a lot of practice and watching Suzanne Deans tutorial video's on loop I think I did an ok job :-D Hope you like it.

Apart from my hair appointments I'm going to see a few friends from school, visit with extended family and my cousin Kerrie I met for the first time last year. Also my mom, sister's and I are going to do our usual trip to the States. We set off EARLY and drive to Seattle just in time for some lunch at PF Changs...they make the BEST lettuce wraps ever! Then we make our way home stopping at the outlets along the way. This is always one of the highlights of my trips home and this time we've got an extra passenger, Celine, to keep us company. So excited just thinking about it!

I'll have cards pre-scheduled throughout my 2 week absence plus I might pop in just to say hi. I'm a bit worried about my Ladybugs...I told them last night I was going away and I think a party is being organised while I'm gone! I wonder if they're trying to tell me something???  Think Pinky might regret her invitation lol.

Thanks for stopping by

Catch ya later x

12 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh lol.. loved reading about all your plans .. and i just know you will havea fab time with your family.. want to see pics of that Braziliian Blowdry lol
Love the card .. her dotty cardi is fab as is the matching brad!
catch you later .. just getting ready for the party ( oops )
Lisa x

Highland Handmade said...

Enjoy your brazillian BLOWJOB!! LOL .... bet you are so excited!! and so wishing you never made that slip of the tongue!! woohoo! Absolutely love your card, the colours are so pretty!! xxx have a safe journey xxx

Mary J said...

Gorgeous card and the hair is magnifilicious, Kerry! Have a great trip - we are getting the party balloons out right now!

cowboydutrem said...

A lovely friendship card. Have a flabulous time!

pinky said...

Its gorgeous, wow to your colouring, I love it. Sounds like you have two fun packed weeks ahead of you Kerry, much better than my old party lol. We will miss you;)

Gayle Cook said...

Dots..I LOVE dots...!! Gorgeous card honey.

Have a WONDERFUL trip......I did choke on my lunch for a second though about your Brazillian blow dry...I thought maybe for a second it was a new form of 'Vajazzling!!!' and you were sharing a bit too much!!! lol

Will catch you when you come back for our secret meetings to take over the world...xxxxx

Gayle x

Unknown said...

Ohhh this is so pretty.. love the image.. and the colouring is fab xx
Have a great time xx

Pami said...

:-) I did laugh again about the Brazilian Blowdry!!! Have a FABULOUS time, it sounds like you will! I like the sound of the outlet shopping!!! Have a safe journey. Card is gorgeous and I love her spotty top to match oh and the button! Speak soon. Will miss you. Pami x

Sue U said...

Have a fabulous break Kerry, hope you and your family have a great time :-) We'll miss you but we promise to behave!!

Love your card, great papers and brilliant idea to give Nikki's friend a spotty top! Love the colouring of their hair too, will ahve to check out that tutorial

Sue xx

mixamatoasties said...

Great card Kerry! Have a fantastic and safe trip home xxx

Whimsey said...

Such a great card; I LOVE the dots on Nikki's friend's sweater! Beautiful colors.

Hope your trip is safe and filled with fun and joy!!! Hugs!

Anita said...

Very pretty card Kerry. I love the colors and their hair looks fabulous. I hope you have a blast on your trip.