This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Monday 5 April 2010

Mary Mary Quite Contrary how does your garden grow???

Happy Monday! Hope you all had a lovely Easter yesterday and didn't over induldge in chocolate. We had really nice day...I took the dogs to CB then home a pottered. Made the most delicious roast beef dinner...oh my word! I found the recipe on the internet which I'll post another time. It's so tender and tasty...my mouth is watering as I type this lol! Nicole and Ben came for dinner so it was the 6 of us. After dinner Nic and I shared the chocolate bunny she gave me and then we all sat down and watched Australia with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman. I'd heard mixed reviews about it so wasn't expecting much but I loved it. It was 2 1/2 hours long but well worth watching. Especially with the gorgeous Mr Jackman...Phoar!!!!
Today was a miserable day but in between the showers managed to get to CB and meet up with the rest of Noah's Ark girls. It makes all the difference when there are other dogs for Rocky and Ruby to chase. They slept most of the day since we got back.
I was quite productive on the card front today. I realised it's 3 weeks today that I go away on my holidays for 2 weeks and I don't want not to post (is that good english??? probably not!) so I'm going to try and make enough cards to pre-post at least every other day while I'm away.
Slobbing Nikki is one of 5 cards I made today...and they're all different :-)
I wanted to use my MME Mary Mary Quite Contrary paper...I love the vibrant colours. Don't look to close at my stitched corners...I'm not sure why they went like that...I told you not to look!!!


I thought she'd like change in the colour of her sofa so went for green over the usual brown. I got a bit carried away with the glitter...it's a shame the pictures don't pick up the sparkle.
That's my share for today. Hope you have a great week and thanks for stopping by.
Catch ya later x

1 comment:

Purpleali said...

The corners went like that because the thread tension was wrong, either the top thread was too tight or the bottom one was too loose. But the card is still fabulous!