This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Thursday 22 April 2010

Busy as ever

I've been a bit busy the last couple of days trying to get things organized before I go away on Monday...volcano permitting. I managed to add myself to the blog hop... which is growing by the hour.. but for some reason my name is missing. Not sure what happened there as I followed the instructions to the T. I haven't tried a challenge yet but thought this was easy enough and it's a great way of meeting people. Only thing is I haven't had time to do much blog hopping but maybe I can sneak a cheeky bit of computer time while I'm away!
I was in a bit of a dilemma as to what to do while I was away as far as my blog was concerned. Did I want to kill myself to do a lot of pre-posting before I went, take my laptop with me or just leave a note saying 'closed for 2 weeks'? I didn't want to do the latter and I'm going to be leaving Steven in charge of my website while I'm away (I hope I have a website to come back to lol) so taking my laptop wasn't an option so decided to invest in a notebook mini laptop! I ordered it on Tuesday and they promised I would get it by Friday at the latest. I figured it would be compact and light enough to take away and I'd still have my finger on the pulse so to speak. I know I'm supposed to be on my holiday but when you're a one woman business what do you do?
I had a great experience yesterday. Ruby's illustrator Moira invited me to her house to sit beside her while she worked on new designs for me. It was fascinating to watch her work and it made me wish I could draw. It was fab and much quicker to do it this way as I could say there and then if I didn't like something or wanted something slightly different without waiting for emails to go back and forth. Luckily enough Moira only lives 10 minutes away. This was the first time she's ever done this as I'm the first client of hers to live on her doorstep! I think we've got a fabulous character and I'm really excited about it. Fingers crossed it won't be long before I can introduce it to you.
Here's another Ruby card for you. I love all the colours Karen picked for this article.
I've still to have my breakfast and jump in the shower. Still lots to do before I leave so I'll get on it now.
Hope you have a great day....thanks for stopping by!
Catch ya later x

2 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Great article in Quick cards made easy
Lisa ;)

Kirsti said...

Hi…just stopping by to say hello via the Clips-n-Cuts Birthday Blog Hop…Hope you are having a great day…

Oooh you are the first from Scotland...yay...xox