This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Monday 6 June 2011

Happy Birthday Tams!

I have definitely decided when  if I get a new DT I'm going to take them on based on when their birthday is as straight off the back of Pinky and Amanda's, it's Tam's birthday today!!! Happy birthday old girl...I hope your day is megaliciously flabulous :-D

I had a bit more time for Tam's card though that worries me because I don't normally have extra time as I'm always Last Minute Annie and up to my eyeballs more times than not. I'm now thinking I've forgotten to do something :-S Oh well, I'll worry about that when the time comes.

I was on Lyndsey's tutorial blog again as I'd been eyeing up her Free Standing Pop-up Card. It looked far too complicated for me but when I found I had this 'extra time' I thought I'd give it a bash. Normally I have a practise run but decided to go for it in a one-er and surprisingly it worked lol. This is what I came up with...




I think the next time I'll have to either a) use heavier cs b) not put so much on the pop up part or c) weigh the base down with pennies because it's not very sturdy though that has nothing to do with the design. After I finished this one I wasn't all that crazy about the buttons so I changed the for ....


my new flower! I love this one so much better although I left the buttons on the front edge of the base. Again I used my gorgeous new pp from BG


What I would do to have a soak in the tub!



I went a bit mad with the GA but I love the look of the tub.



I LOVE this flower...I used another one of Tam's flowers for the middle and added a bit of GD...it's really pretty with a bit of sparkle :-D

We had a great time at Sally's birthday party...nothing to raucous now that she's 40 lol. She was VERY surprised when the curtain was pulled back and we started singing Happy Birthday and she looked  beautiful (no weight gain that I was hoping for hmph!). After the pub lunch we went back to theirs for more fun and some singing. Their daughter's Amber and Abi wrote Sally and song and Amber sang it along with a few other songs. She's only 14 and has a beautiful voice...you can hear her HERE singing First Love by Adele. We're hoping she'll sing at Nicole and Ben's wedding...we want to book her now before her prices go up lol.

I've put my run off long enough so I'd better hit the road. Make sure you check in for tomorrow's TLT. I've got a few things up my sleeve that you might like :-D

Have a great Monday!

Catch ya later x

PS I can't believe I forgot to tell you...the Canucks won 3-2 on Saturday!!! Woot woot...that's 2 down 2 to go. They are away playing Boston today...good luck boys!!!!

8 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow - i love that card and the design. must have a go at that!
the DP is gorgeous as is the flower. So glad you had a great party
Lisa x

Highland Handmade said...

Looks fab with the buttons and with the flowers, thankyou mrs, it is beautiful and looks so much nicer IRL xxxx amazing voice on that young lady! x

Pami said...

ooh, how clever you are! This is fabulous! I want to try this one as well!! Glad you had a good time at the party!! Pami x

Sue U said...

Brilliant idea, so unusual, and I ADORE that flower!! Glad the party went well :-) Sue xx

Jules said...

Loving your card Kerry. Such a great shape.

Brilliant use of the GA and your flower is gorgeous!!!

Love Jules xx

Mary J said...

So very very pretty, Kerry!

Amanda R said...

New dt? Did everybody else read that part? Great card Kerry, I have never seen that type before, I think we need a pop up card challenge.

The Crafty Blonde said...

Hi Kerry, Fabulous card the pop up looks brill and I just love that image - how fabulous does she look and the GA on the cap and tub looks brill. Great floral papers and colour scheme and love the flower.
Lyndsey xx