This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Sunday 23 May 2010

Magnum +

I got an email from Ryan this morning saying they arrived safely though his bag got lost between the airport and the bus journey to the hotel...not sure how that could happen??? The weather forecast for the two weeks leading up to their departure and up until Thursday of this week had been showers and thunder and lightening storms so you can imagine they were none too happy. But yesterday turned out really nice for them and guess what?? They both got burnt! That was part of 'mom's chat' but obviously they weren't listening or they were just pretending to lol. They were heading out last night but he said not to worry 'they'll behave'!
We had a barbecue last night with Nicole, Ben and a friend of theirs Tony. All was going well until I was slicing the onions and almost cut my finger off! I thought I'd have to get stitches as it took about 4 hours for it to stop bleeding. Luckily it's my left hand so I can still colour with no problem. Then today I was cutting small pieces of card on my guillotine and I almost cut my index finger on my left hand off. I'm not sure how that happened as there is a safety guard and again I was lucky as my nail got the brunt of it. Maybe someone's trying to tell me something?
This is the card I was working on at the time....
This is another Magnum but with a twist. The main image is Magnum holding his hand up but it will come with the birthday cake add-on the sentiment 'Wishing you a purr-fect birthday'. There will also be an add-on set with 7 mini images you can interchange and a Magnum sentiment set. I thought this would be a fun set to use and I'll post more samples using some of the other add-ons.




As I don't have the stamps yet I had to play around a bit to get the cake to sit on Magnums hand and it worked out quite well...eventually!



It's another beautiful day and I had a great walk with Rocky this morning. The heat really affects Ruby and she usually flops down in the middle of the road to rest so I only took her on a short walk. We have a road that goes all around our village we call the circuit and its roughly 3 kilometers. Nicole and Ben live at the half way point so we stopped there for a quick cold drink then set off back home. I thought Rocky's heart was going to jump out of his chest he was panting so much. I'm not sure how much longer this weather is going to last but fingers crossed we'll get a good run of it.

Well that's me...I've been in most of the afternoon so I'm going to sit out for a bit before it's time for dinner.


Thanks for stopping by.


Catch ya later x

7 comments:

Helen Ann said...

He's fab Kerry, can't wait till can buy him x

craftyrufus said...

What a cutey he is! I love the idea of the add ons.

Donna said...

what a really good idea! look forward to seeing the other add ons x

Shelly said...

love him!! he's so cute! good job sista!

Melissa said...

this card is so fun! love the triangle edge!

Lynn A said...

he is great! the colours of this card are perfect as well... I, too, like the triangle edge...

Anke (anke-art) said...

What a cutie! I just clicked through your blog and found this card, so I simply had to head over to your shop and buy the Magnum stamp :)