This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Thursday 3 December 2009

9 years ago today...

I took my first stamping class at Nash's in Miller Street in Glasgow. Beginner stamping wasn't my first choice...caligraphy was but the class was full but there was one place left in beginner stamping and the rest is history! I can't believe I have been making cards for so long...it just seems like yesterday I was colouring a stamp with a Marvy Marker, huffing on the stamp then stamping. And I hated it lol. I really did...I thought it was the most boring, stupidist (Kerryism!!) thing to do. That is until they brought out the gun....the heat gun that is and I was hooked. I was amazed at how you stamped with a VersaMark ink pad...sprinkle it with powder then melt it with the heat gun. I bought everything I needed as soon as the class ended and since it was my birthday soon after I told Pierce and the kids that it was my birthday present from them lol!!!

And guess what??? I dug out the first stamp I bought...in fact we used it in the class and I loved it then and I love it now. But funnily enough I didn't realize until today it was made by one of my favourite companies, Penny Black! Looking at it you wouldn't think it was PB...I don't think it looks like anything they have on the market at the moment. It could even been an antique LOL. So I decided to mark the occasion by inking it up and making a card...this is what I came up with...





What do you think? I think they're so cute and the image lends itself to lots of sparkle so who was I not to indulge in a bit of Glamour Dust 8-) I'm going to make a few more tomorrow for the craft fair.
I bought more candles today so I'll do them tomorrow and make a tray or two of shortbread and work on some non-Christmas cards. I'll post the other cards and gifts I've made tomorrow. It's been a long day and the dogs still need to go out.
Catch ya later x

No comments: