This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Tuesday 27 September 2011

TLT - Amanda's Challenge - Fall Colours and/or Fancy Folds

Good morning and welcome to another TLT...boy the weeks are going in faster than usual! I'm glad you enjoyed last weeks new digi release...how wonderful to get your purchase almost instantly?! Thank you for all your lovely comments and entries to our challenge. To see if you're a winner of 'The Whole Shebang', one of 5 winner's of a digi of your choice, the Challenge winner or a Top 3 winner head on over to the Challenge Blog

As you know we had Laurie as our Guest Designer for the hop and wouldn't you know it, she loved being on the team so much she sent me an email that night begging (embarrassing I know!) to be on the DT full time. I was trying to think of a way to let her down gently when the postie arrived the next morning with a note and a blank cheque from Laurie telling me to name my price! Well after going to so much trouble I really couldn't say no now could I lol. So now Laurie is a fully fledged Ladybug yaaaayyyy :-D

Today's challenge has been set by our Amazing Amanda! She opted for Fall Colours and/or Fancy Folds ie Tent, Tri-Fold, Easel etc (you don't have to do both). You'd think it would be easy when you're told exactly what to do but could I find pp I was happy with?? It took me forever BUT I got there in the end....see what you think.


I'm trying to use stamps that haven't seen ink in a while and Best Friends Nikki is one of them. I used MME pp from the Bloom & Grow series, Bazzill and PTI kraft cs, my new MS border punch, MFT flower die and Marianne leaf die




I think Nikki and her friend look a bit glammed up for walking Buttercup...I certainly don't wear my sparkly tops or tracksuits when I take Rocky and Ruby out...not that I have sparkly tracksuits cuz I don't lol



Now I know it's not good to boast about something cuz it might just come back and bite you in the bum!! My colouring took a turn for the worse after I was blowing my horn about my Magnum Remote Control card the other day. I just couldn't get the blending right. Can someone tell me why some Copics blend perfectly yet some colours that should in theory blend, take the colour away making blending almost impossible???!! My gripe is with YG97, YG95 & YG91 with YG 91 being the culprit!


I love my new Marianne flower and leaf dies I got from Dies to Die for last week. The leaf is gorgeous and does look flabulous done in felt but it's VERY fragile because the outline are quite thin. It cuts like butter but you have to be very careful when removing the inside bits. I lost count of the number of leaves I threw out..you can see in the top one that one of the 'veins' has torn slightly hmph!

IRL the card looks much better. I haven't been using my tent to take pictures lately because a) it ends up becoming a fixture on the dining room table and b) I broke one of the lights but I'm going to have to get it fixed because I'm just not happy with my pictures lately. No amount of Photoshop is making them better!

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges please:

Craft Us Crazy - Say Goodbye to Summer
Crafty Catz - Autumn
Crafts 4 Eternity - Autumn Days
Incy Wincy - Fancy Folds
Creative Craft World - Autumn/Fall
Addicted to Stamps - Stitching

That's it from me for today. I hope you enjoy what the Ladybugs have created for you this week and will join us in Amanda's challenge.

Catch ya later x

19 comments:

Mary J said...

Very beautiful Kerry! Now I NEED that border punch too!

Lisa Jane said...

oh i love those papers .. and i nearly chose that image too. I think the girls look fab for their walk.. a girl always has to look her best !
The felt flowers and leaves are gorgeous too.
A fab fall/fold card
Lisa x

Pami said...

Oh no, not another flower die that I MUST HAVE!! Fabulous card Kerry, I really like this image, the look so sassy! Love that border punch as well! Oh dear, I need more money!! Pami x

Amanda R said...

Those colors are beautiful Kerry! Definitely nailed the fall theme and I love easel cards, such a nice way to show off a card.

Marianne said...

Gorgeous card, Kerry. I think the ladies simply took Buttercup along when they went for a cup of coffee. That's why they needed to dress up, lol. Love the sparkles ... and the border ... and the dies ...

pinky said...

Gorgeous card Kerry, your colouring is amazing and I love the texture with the felt especially on those leaves.

Whimsey said...

I have GOT to find a better way to take pictures - better lighting!

Love the card; your coloring (no U please) is fantastic; love the shape, very unique and fabby....JUST LIKE YOU!

Julie said...

Oh Kerry,you do make me giggle! I felt sure you'd have a glittery tracksuit lol! Fabulous card,those leaves look amazing!
found the link you were interested in,http://big-scrappy-world.blogspot.com/2011/09/tutorial-wednesday-for-bugaboo-stamps.html

Choccy said...

A gorgeous card.. Love your felt flower too
Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft World for our , 'Autumn / Fall' challenge.
Hope to see you back on 6th :O)

Choccy x

The Crafty Blonde said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and the papers and colour combo looks great. Fabulous flower too love it.
Lyndsey xx

Wendy said...

Fabulous card Kerry,great image,those colours are gorgeous,love your felt flowers.
Wendy xx

DesignerDiva said...

Love your card Kerry the colours and your felt leaves and flowers are all gorgeous. Love this image too, I'll add it to my list of lush Nikki's!
I have a copic colouring swatch book which groups colours that blend together, according to that your colours are all in the same group so should go, maybe you need YG93 to help them together.
Good luck with your wedding invites - my nephews took forever!
Laurie x

Christa said...

Beautiful card for our challenge . Thanks for joining us at ATS. Christa.

majsan said...

Great card with a cute image:)
Thank you for joining us at CRAFT US CRAZY.
Hugs
Maria

Renee said...

Love your card--it's just adorable. Thanx for joining us this week at Incy Wincy. Hope to see you back again next week.
Renee DT

pinky said...

Opps Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Kerry
A gorgeous card love the image thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
Hugs Dianne xx

michele said...

Fabulous Autumn card! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week hugs x

Kleine85 said...

That's cool, I like it!!

Thanks for joining us at ATSC.

Hugs

Tanja