This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Mid Month Reminder...

...to remind you that we're still here and you've got another 2 weeks to enter our 'Favourite Stamp' challenge. So far we've had some gorgeous entries...keep them coming!

 I don't know about you but even though I don't have small kidlets I find the school holidays totally upset my routine. Roll on Wednesday because that's when the marjority of kids go back to school yaaaaayyyyy!!

I received a lovely surprise in the mail on Friday. Diane, one of my lovely blogging friends sent me one of the notelet folders she likes to make WITH the instructions AND an envelope template.... thank you Diane :-D If you've never been to Diane's blog I urge you to go (once you've finished here of course lol) and look at her beautiful cards. She's the only person I know that decorates all FOUR sides of her cards...that's right, front, both insides AND the back!!! They are fabulicious :-D Diane takes classes from Lyndsey at Lora Crafts and posts the makes. I especially loved this one and all weekend tried to get into my workroom to get one made. It never happened until late this afternoon and I only managed to get the folder made...I'll get cracking on the notecards tomorrow. Anywho, this is my slightly wonky version....


I hummed and hawwwed and finally decided to use another favourite stamp of mine, Swing Ruby on the front. I picked another scrummalicious pp from my Kaiser 6 x 6 pad and cut, mounted and sewed it for the front flap. Stamped Swing Ruby in Momento Ink and coloured her in with my Copics. My fluffly clouds are made from my PTI cloud die, a car wash sponge and a blue ink pad.



I Glamour Dusted Ruby's wings and although you can't tell I've used my NEW clear Wink Of Stella glitter pen to add a bit of shimmer to the trim of Ruby's dress, her shoes and the ladybug. This pen is seriously da bomb! I think it's going to replace my other glitter pen as the sparkle is so vibrant without being OTT. They come in 13 sparklicious colours and I am seriously thinking of stocking some of them :-D


I used a tiny magnet to keep the flap closed. Don't be fooled by the size...it may only measure 5mm but boy oh boy is it strong!


Hmph...see that discoloration in the bottom left corner of the opened flap? For some strange reason Coredinations puts a sticky barcode label on the underside of the cs and that's what you see when you take it off...not pretty and not happy!

You know how much I love my SU! Tiny Tags sentiments and punch right? Well my Tiny Tags punch met an untimely end! Don't know what or how it happened but a tiny screw became unscrewed and my most favouritest punch was rendered useless. I was just about to pass out from shock {seriously} when I remembered another blogging buddy Susan was a SU! demonstrator and quickly emailed her with my sad tale and before you could say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious she emailed SU! and they sent her a new one! Boy was I one happy camper when Susan emailed me to tell me. To cut a long story short (I'm trying...really I am) I met Susan on Sunday for a coffee, chat, and my beloved punch. A big thank you Susan and SU!

That's it for today...thanks for popping in.

Catch ya later x

11 comments:

Amanda R said...

So cute Kerry! I will have to check out her blog and see what else she makes. Love the clouds too, they came out really well.

Julie said...

This is sooo clever Kerry,I love the fastening magnet,I've used Velcro in the past but it ruins the shape once it's opened a few times, wonder if you'd share here you purchased them? Have a great day,Julie x

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow this is great .. i love that folder .. maybe asking instructions lol..Love the clouds too.. they look so fluffy
Lisa x

Whimsey said...

Oh my, this is fabulous! You'll share the instructions with your besties over at the DT blog right? :D

Super cute colors; LOVIN' the clouds!!

mixamatoasties said...

It was a pleasure to help you Kerry! Any time. Susan xx

Diane's Card Designs said...

Oh wow Kerry this is fantastic I love it! The stitching round the edge is very neat and the glittered wings very effective. Me and Beth have invited our neighbours girls round tomorrow for a craft afternoon and were going to make these folders. Thanks for your lovely comments and thankyou for your fast delivery service of my stamps which I ordered from you.
Have a lovely day!
Diane :-) xx

P.S Going to have another look at your folder.

Diane's Card Designs said...

I'm back! lol. Like the idea of the magnet do you know where to purchase these from?
Diane :-) xx

pinky said...

You seem to know all the right people Kerry lol. I love this gorgeous little folder now you need to pass on the instructions!!

Donna said...

Hi Kerry. Great little folder - can't wait to see the notecards too.

Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. The instructions for one of the bags did indeed come from my chic n scratch but the other, you'll notice has an extra fold for the top part and comes out slightly smaller (and cuter I think!) and the instructions are from http://stampersplus.com/post-catch-up
I too think they make great favours and you can kinda do a guy one by just folding the card with the base and bringing it together at the top, rounding the corners and punching a hole and tying with ribbon. Doesn't look too girly at all. the Hershey's nuggets are from american sweets but you can get them in asda at the mo but not sure how long for. Good luck x

Pami said...

Fabulous Kerry, I may try and do one of these they are so useful. The colour and the papers are just wonderful, all fits together perfectly! Pami x

Mary J said...

What a great folder, Kerry! The colours are just lovely!