This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Saturday 12 June 2010

I've created a monster!

Susan (of CB Noah's Ark fame - poodles Starskey, Hutch & Miley) came over this afternoon for some card making lessons. As well as flowers (my favourite - tulips), wine (the best money can buy!), Mocha Skinny and a banana (don't ask!) she brought loads of enthusiasm! After a quick bite of lunch we got stuck in. I had a couple of the make and takes left over from the last crop so we started with that...Susan hasn't made a card in her life and I throw her in at the deep end lol. She got the hang of my snot gun pretty quickly and everything went according to plan. Next was the card...actually stamping and cutting etc. Her SIL is expecting twins (that's another card Susie!) in September and it's her birthday soon so this is the fantastic card she made for her....
How appropriate is Expecting Nikki for this card :-D Everything was done by Susan with just a smidge of guidance from me.

Love Nikki's sparkly jacket!!
We both really enjoyed the day and by the end Susan had caught the bug. I sent her home with a trimmer, snot gun, my box of Nikki stamps, cs, pp, 3D foam pads, a ruler, scoring tool and mat, Stazon ink pad, water crayons and a water brush!! I had a few texts tonight including pictures of a card she'd made for her mom. As she said herself, she felt like a kid in a toystore lol.
If she's still hooked by Monday I told her I'd take her to Craft World...think she better bring her credit card!!
I started on my Father's Day cards tonight...I've 3 to make and I've got most of the base card done. All I have left to do is colour the images and decide which Nesties I want to use and then I'll get them mailed on Monday as 2 are going to Canada and one to Ireland. I'll give you a peek at them tomorrow.
It's been a busy old day and I'm knackered so I'm heading out with the dogs then to bed. I'm meeting Susan at CB in the morning...no doubt we'll be talking cs, pp, glitter........
Thanks Susie...I had a great day :-D
Catch ya later x

3 comments:

Tinkerbeth said...

What an adorable card! Glad to know you have a new "convert". She will have a great time!
We are starting father's day cards at my house tomorrow. Somehow I am going to work in a Nikki stamp! I usually give my husband a funny card and a mushy card. Kids have already picked out their sketches, so it should go pretty quickly!
Beth

Annette said...

DO YOU WANNA BE IN KERRYS GANG !!!!! LOL!
AX

Donna said...

Hi Kerry, great card made by your friend - she's obviously a natural!

For Promarker tutorials, check out http://wwwcardoasis.blogspot.com/ Sarah has done some great tutorials and I came accross her blog searching tutorials a while back. have been following since and she does some great projects too. Enjoy x