This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Thursday 4 November 2010

Happy Birthday Suzy Q!

How fab was the blog hop? I hope you all enjoyed it. What do you think of the new Nikki's? A bit different but you seem to like Ben...isn't he dreamy lol. I want to thank my team as they excelled themselves yet again. I've got a great bunch of girls on my team...not only for their creative genius but we've all gelled together really well, have a great laugh and we haven't even met!


It's my friend Suzy Q's birthday today...happy birthday!!!

 It's a bit of a busy week for birthdays for me...Susan's today, Pierce's tomorrow, his mom's on Saturday and his sister's on Sunday. Then I have Nicole's on the 16th, Pauline's on the 17th, Lynn and Agnes on the 29th, my mom's Dec 1st, Hayley's the 3rd, Alma's 7, mine the 9th (though I don't make myself a card!) and Karen's the 18th. Phew!!!! That's a lotta cards to make. Thank goodness there's only one male card in that lot lol.

This is the card I made for Suzy Q...

Birthday Nikki hasn't been inked in a while and I can't work out why. I love colouring this image in. I used my Copics (got a quick Copic lesson from BFF when she was here...what do you think?) to colour her in and used one of my favourite MS punches for the border. I couldn't decide where to stitch (I can't seem to make a card without sewing on it these days) so just went up the sides of the punched border. I like the fact that I didn't use any pp and just let the image be the focal point. Rose Swarovski crystals follow the border and a bit of glitter and ribbon finishes it off!


 I got out my white gel pen and added a few dots to the big present and bow of the round one

 I decoupaged the present for a bit of interest

So what do you think?

I took Ruby to the vets yesterday for her operation today. Luke is doing her first thing this morning so I'm a bit on edge. He said he'll call me by lunch time to let me know how it went. He reassured me yesterday that this was the best thing for her and this operation has a very high success rate. I worry because she only has the one back leg so it is going to be a bit tricky for the first little while to get her to do the toilet using the harness and keeping her calm with the mad man around.

Poor Rocky...I think he knew something was going on when I left with her yesterday. He wasn't his usual mad self when I came back and moped around the rest of the day and night. He really looked like he'd lost his best friend. I worried that he might wake us up during the night because he was lonely without her but thankfully he let us sleep! I'll pick her up either tomorrow or Saturday. Fingers crossed she'll make a quick recovery though reading the information sheet it could be 4-6 months before she's back to full fitness.

**Edit** Just spoke the vet and Ruby came through the operation well. Her cruciate had all but ruptured and there were only a few threads hanging on! She also has a lot of arthritis in the knee :-(

Must get in the shower and get Rocky to Doggy Daycare. I've got a date with my workroom for all these cards I've got to make. I also have a baby card to make in amongst all the birthday ones plus my card for TLT! I might not surface for weeks lol.

Hope you have a great day.

Thanks for stopping by.

Catch ya later x

11 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

wow - love that card - i think its stunning .
Happy birthday Suzy Q.
Love to Ruby .. here's hoping she has a speedy recovery. Love to Rocky too - he wont know whats going on !
I am sure crafting will help try to take your mind off things
Cant wait to see the results
Take care
Lisa x

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

Beautiful card Kerry and Happy Birthday to Suzy Q! (And to Pierce for tomorrow!) My goodness, your Birthday list sounds as mad as mine but mine's been like it since Spetember!

Wishing Ruby lots of luck for today and hope her surgery goes well, I'm sure she's in the best possible hands and poor Rocky too, I would imagine it's very tough for him too bless him.

Have fun crafting, I need to lock myself away too (in my dreams ha ha!) get cracking otherwise I might have to pinch the whip :)
Hugs
xxxx

Pami said...

Kerry, what a fabulous card! I just love how you have left the background white so the image and the colours just pop. I am going to try that! Oh poor, poor Ruby, I hope that she is ok. Love Pami x

Whimsey said...

Great card, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the dimension. Great coloring; such a flabby image!! Love the colors of the card too! Happy Birthday to your WHOLE bunch!!

Anita said...

Gorgeous card Kerry! Beautiful coloring and I love the sparkle on the image. Hmm, I REALLY like that border punch...have I seen that somewhere before lol? Love the bright pink and that ribbon is just perfect.

pinky said...

Gorgeous card Kerry, I am sure Suzy loved it.Glad to hear the opp went well, don't envy your task ahead though.
Pinky

Unknown said...

Great card and great idea just to go back to cardstock and not use pp. Very effective. Glad ruby is ok xx

Highland Handmade said...

Oooh pretty card!! inspirational so must dig out my stamp like this now!! ..... loving the dots on the pressies!!

Happy birthday Suzy Q and Pierce!!

Sending hugs to you all, especially the puppies!! xxxxxx

Sue U said...

Happy Birthday to Suzy Q and Pierce! My April/May seems to be where the world and his wife have birthdays, anniversarys and the like so share the "how am I going to get these all done" feeling with you!! Hope Ruby is still doing OK and Rocky is ok without his buddy hugs Sue xx

Lynn Ainsworth said...

hey! MY name is Lynn and MY birthday is the 29th!!! (please let her mean me...please let her mean me...)

Suzy Q said...

Hey thanks for all your birthday wishes guys!! and Kerry thanks for my beautiful card and my crafty gift!!:-D xxx