This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Saturday 13 November 2010

Funny old day...

 ... I had yesterday. I spent the whole morning on the computer and phone trying to organise a business trip for next year (more on that later). I'd forgotten to send in some artwork and text that was due that day for a retail magazine so was kindly reminded to do that. I was due to go to lunch with Nicole as I hadn't seen her since she got engaged last Sunday {did I tell you I was going to be a MIL lol} and was waiting for her to pick me up. While I was waiting Ruby decided she didn't want to lay down all day anymore and climbed upstairs to see me which as a BIG no no. It didn't seem like I got much done but on reflection I did accomplish quite a lot. Do you ever get days like that?

Luckily I had a couple of cards I made during the week waiting in the wings to post. Here's the first one....


Don't be fooled by the date ..it's not a typo...I only got asked to make this baby card just recently lol. It was for my friends brother's new baby. She'd asked me to make a card for the first two and for some reason forgot to ask for the third until her SIL asked her for one!

For all that I love the SU! baby stamps and the Penny Black bears I've been using lately I wanted something different. Digi stamps are all the rage so I did a bit of googling and found this one at Sweet'n Sassy Stamps which I love. It comes with the sentiment 'Welcome Precious Baby' underneath the image but I knew I was going to put my own text and printed it without it. I embossed the base card using my Scor-pal. I love doing this and think it makes the card look soft and pillow-like.



 I love this image...think it's super cute :-D

To add a bit of interest I printed the image out twice and cut out the tree leaves and raised them with foam pads. A bit of glitter here and there ... ok...a bit of glitter everywhere and it's done!!

I'm off to the hairdressers after I've taken Rocky to CB. I really miss taking them for nice long walks though with the weather as bad as it's been I guess I haven't missed it that much! I'm only taking Ruby out for the toilet and back in. It's getting harder and harder to steer her in the direction of the house. She looks up the street and you can tell she just wants to make a run for it lol. The surgeon phoned yesterday to see how she was. I thought she might be able to go for a 5 or 10 minute walk soon but she's got to wait 3 weeks!!! I'm just allowed to take her out in her harness for the toilet breaks. If she could speak I can only imagine what she would say!

I hope you have a great Saturday. I'm hoping my SU! goodies arrive while I'm out so I can start on my Christmas cards :-D

Thanks for stopping by.

Catch ya later x

11 comments:

pinky said...

This is one gorgeous card Kerry, love that image and will have to get it as you know me and baby cards:) Love how you did the background, must get my glitter girl boards out again. Have a great day.
Pinky

Lisa Jane said...

Love the image kerry - i am not a big baby card maker - but would use this one .
Love the ribbon and the big button.
Poor Ruby - but tell her even Bobby wont go out in this weather ... he ,looks out the door and turns his nose up lol.. we have to make him go out !
Have a great day
Lisa ;)

Pami said...

Hi Kerry, this is a very lovely, soft baby card. I need to make a baby girl card this weekend for a friend who had a little girl last night. I will take my inspiration from this (and I think I might visit Pinky as well for inspiration from her baby cards!!). Have a great day. Pami x

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

I have days like you all the time, I think I set myself up with so much work that when I don't get everything finished I feel bad and like I've let myself down. You've had a lot on though, good, exciting and the not so good, so don't be hard on yourself - that's an order (remember I'm itching to have a crack at the whip ;) )
I hope you had a lovely lunch with Nicole yesterday and that Ruby is behaving herself.
Oh almost forgot to say about the card... It's GORGEOUS!!!! I love this stamp and definately think I'm going to have to buy it now!
Beautiful
xx

Suzy Q said...

What a beautiful card!!! I've just made a couple of baby cards this week and this is a lovely image!
So lunch yesterday with Nicole huh.....so, eh....any PLANS yet???? lol xxxx

Mary J said...

Lovely! Kerry, you are a master of creating sweetness! I must try that technique with my Scor-Pal - I just never seem to have time to experiment with my toys, lol!!

Poor Ruby - here's a {{hug}}. I went shopping with my mum today and there was this stall for the guide dogs with several young Labradors there. Well, as you can imagine my mum had to drag me away from the dogs, lol!! I want a third dog but Steve won't let me, the rotter.

Have a super day tomorrow - if you can avoid the rain!

Roni said...

Awwww! Kerry!! What a gorgeous card and I love the quilted effect, you know I think that was one of the first ever things I learnt to do, scoring lines down card, back to basics with great results!!

Sorry I'm behind on the times, but great great news on the new title "MIL" and congratulations to Nicole and Ben! Oh my goodness, how busy are you going to be?? Well chillax while you can and I hope you had a good night!

Hugs Roni :O) xox

Anita said...

Wow, Kerry, that is gorgeous. I love the embossing and the image is so sweet and colored beautifully. And of course I love the sparkle that you added!

Sue U said...

Stunning card, I just love your baby cards - they are so adorable :-)

Sue xx

Highland Handmade said...

That is so beautiful, love the scoring on the card? looks so pretty! xxx

Tinkerbeth said...

Gorgeous card, Kerry! Adorable image, and as always, you have a wonderful way with glitter! Any suggestions on how to keep it from covering the house? Congratulations on your son-in-law to be, too! It will be very exciting planning the wedding! Can't wait to see what those Christmas cards will look like!