This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Tuesday 26 October 2010

TLT - Ang's Challenge - make your own designer paper

It's Tuesday and you know what that means...another TLT! This weeks challenge came from our lovely October Guest Designer Ang who chose 'create your own designer paper'. I didn't hear much squawking from the Lovely Ladybugs so I'm guessing they found this one pretty straight forward lol. It was a relief not to find my inbox full of whinging and whining Ladybugs...and I bet you didn't know Ladybugs could do that huh? 

So here are the cards starting with moi! I'm thinking this isn't the obvious way to make your own dp/pp but I thought it fit the bill and was a little bit different.

 It's raining....buttons!!! I sewed a line of straight (as straight as I'm ever gonna sew!) stitching in various lengths and then siliconed (yes...I'm going a bit wild with the silicone now lol) buttons on the end of each line. I saw this in a magazine a month or so ago and loved it. When I was trying to decide which image to use for this challenge I caught a glance at Wellies Robyn and knew this is the dp I wanted to do.

 I coloured her with my Copics and used my white gel pen to put polka dots on her bow, raincoat and wellies. I borrowed that from my lovely ladybug Michele :-D Robyn kinda looks like Mary Poppins without her puddle to splash in lol.

I used Glossy Accents on the umbrella and believe it or not just a pinch of Glamour Dust because I wanted the umbrella to still have that wet look. Probably needed the added protection from the falling buttons lol.

So that's my effort this week...I hope I passed the challenge. Have a look at what the Ladybugs came up with...flabulous gorjossity!





 


















So that's it for this weeks TLT. I hope these cards have inspired you to created your own dp/pp. There are a few there that I'm definitely going to try out myself  :-D

At this point I'd like to thank Ang for being October's Guest Designer. It's been flab having you on our team and I know all the Lovely Ladybugs will join me in wishing you all the crafting success in the future :-D

Now don't forget about next week. What's going on you ask? Well it's only the very first challenge on our brand spankin' new Challenge Blog. But the excitement doesn't stop there...no siree bob...it's also a blog hop AND it's the  release of  the new Nikki & Friends stamps...and wait till you see Nikki's 'friend' {wolf whistle} lol.

Thanks for taking the time to visit today. Don't forget to leave some Ladybug Love for my hard working Ladybugs


Catch ya later x

16 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Oh wowee .. what genius lol.. those raindrop buttons are a flabby idea!
I also love the wet look umberella ..
Everyone has risen again to the great challenge .
Lisa

Helen Ann said...

wow another great bunch of cards from the DT, love the raindrop buttons, def going to have to give that a go Hel x

Highland Handmade said...

Wow!! love the raining buttons, and the slight sprinkle of glamour dust! what a clever idea to use buttons to rain down!!
The girls have done some beautiful cards!! well done to you all xxxxxx

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

Gorgeous, you know Wellies Robyn is my all time favourite stamp so I'm going to have to give the raining buttons a go! Amazing cards again this week! I hope Ang has enjoyed her stay with us (probably thankful to get away from the mad nutters!)
Well done everyone! xxx

pinky said...

I love it Kerry, ingenious and I am definitely going to be copying that one lol. Love the soft blue colours and the little scalloped top. brilliant!

Pami said...

Wow Kerry, what a fantastic idea, love it and I may steal the idea myself! And I love the glamour dust on the umbrella. Brilliant! Pami x

Mary J said...

Ha ha! Getting hurt by the falling buttons, made me laugh out loud! Totally GORGEOUS card, Kerry! I adore your wobbly straight sewed lines!! My most fav is the umbrella - genius!

Eerr hem, I would just like to say on behalf of the DT that we do not "squawk", you cheeky thing!

cowboydutrem said...

Oh Kerry, those raining buttons are fantastic! Such a good idea!!!

Suzy Q said...

Wow, guys!!! Well done 2 all of u!! Yet another successful TLT!! All of ur cards r gorgeous! Really loving snow angel by sue!! But they are all great!! & I've got yet more ideas......& more things 2 buy at the craft show this weekend!!!! Lol!! (don't leave your wallet lying around hubby!!!)
Thanks 2 u all 4 such great ideas xx

Anita said...

Oh Kerry, this card is so flabulous! I love the raining buttons...such a fantastic idea (I'm gonna have to borrow that one). I love the scalloped top that looks like clouds and little Robyn is colored beautifully. (And Vancouver is about 2500 miles from Ohio).

Whimsey said...

Oh loving the sewing and buttons - absolutely brilliant. Love the colors too; so beautiful!!! The pinch of glitter is just fabulous; LOVE it!!!

*Ang* said...

I love the card Kerry! I would never have thought to sew a line and put a button on the end like that, and it looks flabby! The shimmer on the umbrella looks just right for rain too. Hugs, Ang x

Sue U said...

Wow, great idea Kerry!! Although maybe she needs a little hard hat if the rain drops are that size:-) Sue xx

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Kerry! Great cards ladies, love all the different fun layouts!

Mary J said...

Hello, it's me again! You can buy that flabby web ribbon here...

http://bunnyzoescrafts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=2758&zenid=0nllq3oun3ntus1ntv9obtag02

Roni said...

What gorgeous cards ladies!! I love your raining buttons idea Kerry, I just need to learn to sew as good as you now!!
Hugs Roni :O) xox