This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Tuesday 10 April 2012

TLT - Sally's Challenge - Shapes and a new Jess!!

I hope you've all had a lovely Easter weekend and you didn't eat too much chocolate lol! I've got a little stock pile of chocolate waiting until AFTER the wedding. I can't take the chance of not fitting into my MOB outfit...that just wouldn't do! Speaking of wedding...have you seen how many days are left...45 days....eeek!!! I can't believe how the time is flying by...it will be here before we know it and I just hope we'll have everything done!!

Thank you for all your entries to our Spots and Stripes Challenge...you guys were outstanding! I think we got the most entries using an LCI image which we were all very excited about :-D You can hop on over to the Challenge Blog to see if you were a winner of a £10 spend in the LCI store. You'll get extra value for money this because all cling stamps are 1/2 price until Saturday ;-D

Today's Shapes Challenge has been brought to you by our lovely Sally. We want to see what shapes you've got ... something a bit more exciting than a square or rectangle though lol.

I don't know about you but I'm not a fan of odd numbers unless it has a 5 in it. When we released The Teenager's last month there were 13 images so not only was it an odd number that wasn't a 5 it was 13..unlucky for some!!! I got straight on the email and gave Ross my idea for another Jess to even up the numbers and here she is...




This is Shopping Jess...what teenager doesn't love to shop?! I think Jess is looking particularly gorgeous...must be the glow of having all those shopping bags lol. I used an Xcut die...Rectangle Parenthesis...I bought recently after seeing Susan's card...I just loved the shape. They come with a magnetic storage sheet which is brilliant.

After printing Shopping Jess I coloured some of the image with my Copics and paper pieced the rest. I used my new Basic Grey Hopscotch paper pad and Die namics Flower Trio AND new felt colours Baby Pink (top of the 3 flowers) and blush pink (right and top of image). Are they lush or what??!!!


I paper pieced 3 of the shopping bags, Jess's dress and her friend's top.




I used Lasting Impressions pearl brads to hold the flowers together






So there you have Shopping Jess. What do you think? Ok you could argue that there are 7 Jess's and 7 Josh's which is obviously an odd number but I'm working on it lol.

I'd love to enter my card in the following challenges:

Catch The Bug - Anything Goes
Catered Crop - Brads
Robyn's Fetish - Anything Goes
Scrappy Frog Challenge - Shape It Up!
The Crafty Pad - Just Die-delicious
Craft Your Passion - Shaped Card
Make It Monday - Anything Goes

I'll be adding her to The Whole Shebang so you will now receive all 14 images for £19 saving £5.50. You can also purchase her individually for £1.75 or add her to your Multi-buy (just click on Teenager Multi-buy below Jess and enter your choice in the comment box) purchase of 3 digis for £4.50 saving 75p.

Ok I think that's me for today. I'm looking forward to seeing your Shape entries so skedaddle and start creating!!

Catch ya later x 

39 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

ooh the new image looks fab coloured up and i love the paper piecing.
Fab shape .
Can you believe no one bought me any chocolate lol
Lisa x

Marianne said...

Oh, Kerry, love the new Jess and your card is just perfect. Love the paper piecing and your felt flowers (all 5 of them lol) look delicious. The multi-buy is 3 stamps, not 4, right? You don't want to give people any wrong ideas do you LOL?
Well done on staying away from the choccies!
Marianne x

Doreen said...

What a gorgeous card,love the image and fabulous papers.xxx

Sally said...

Love the new image. Great colours, love the papers and fabby flowers.
Have a great day.
Hugs Sally xxx

Julie said...

Lady,I thought you'd got lots to do but still you find time for some fabulicious paper piecing! Loving your card and the new Jess! Have a great day!!! X

Wendy said...

So gorgeous Kerry, fab new image and love those felt flowers.
Wendy xx

DesignerDiva said...

Superb Kerry! Love the new Jess (thank you very much by the way) love the shape and your felt flowers look really lush! altogether fabulous!
Hugs Laurie xx

Whimsey said...

Beautiful - love the image; so realistic looking with your coloring and paper piecing; just beautiful! Love all the flowers; what a unique card shape too!!

Hugs,
~MP

Jane said...

Now that is one great card you have made Kerry. Shopping Jess is terrific and I can guess that there must be shoes somewhere in those bags ;0) Your paper piecing is so neat too. Really fab card! Have a great week; keep counting the days,
Jane x

Sue U said...

Fabulous card, and I love how you have paper pieced a digi, which I SOOO wouldn't have thought of doing! Love the new image, those girls really know how to shop :-D

Sue xx

Catherine said...

I'm loving this Kerry, love all those little flowers as well....

Mary J said...

Really fab Kerry! Love that shaped card!

Pia S said...

Love the shape of your card and the coloring is fab! Great work!

pinky said...

This is just gorgeous Kerry, loving those pretty flowers and your colouring is brilliant!

Rene said...

Fabulous! Your coloring is amazing and the layout is great!
Thank you so much for linking up at MIM this week! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at the second-prize drawing!
Good luck,
Rene :D

susan said...

BEAUTIFUL CARD! Your coloring is terrific and I just love the flowers you made for this. Great design, too. Thanks for joining us at THE ROBYN'S FETISH CHALLENGE!

JoanieMc said...

Kerry, you made one awesome creation!! Just absolutely beautiful. Love the image and the coloring.... fantastic!
Thanks for entering in the Crafty Pad Challenge this week.

Hugs
Joanie

Crafty and Green said...

Hi Kerry!! Saw this on MIM!! Just stopping by to Say I love your Card!! It's Fantastic!

Many Blessings,
Tina
http://craftyandgreen.blogspot.com

Pami said...

Love the new image Kerry! The paper piecing looks great I really should do this more often. And I love the felt flowers. I need to order some more, I have run out of pink!! P x

Sue Nicholson said...

Beautiful work. Lovely embellishments. Thanks for sharing this with us at Robyns Fetish anything goes challenge, good luck, cheers Sue N x

The Crafty Blonde said...

Fabulous card Kerry, just love the new image really like this one. Fabulous card shape, and lovely papers and colour combos too. Love those felt flowers.
Lyndsey xx

Dawn said...

Fantastic card! I love that shape & your paper piecing is fab!
Thanks for linking up to the Just Die-delicious Challenge at The Crafty Pad this week!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

cotnob said...

I love this new image and your fab embellishments.
Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad Challenge this week.
Pauline
x

Marjo said...

Awesome shaped card, love the design and polka dots are my fave! Thanks for playing with us at OSAAT

hugs, Marjo

Venus said...

Wow, this card looks really fab! I love the paper-pieceing and the dies you've used. The image is cool!

Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Pad

Venus-DT
http://weheartpapercrafts.blogspot.com/p/my-giveaway.html

Cindy Groh said...

Love a lot about this card. The paper piecing- Awesome. The coloring-fabulous. The shape of the card -certainly fun and the DP is super cute. great work. Thanks for joining us at The Robyn's Fetish Challenge this week.

SiskiyouSue said...

Wonderful coloring and paper piecing! You must have very steady hands. The card shape really sets the card off nicely.

Jessica Buffa said...

WOW!!! I am in awe over your paper piecing. Wonderful JOB!
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT!
:O)
Jessica S
DT

Kos med papir og saks said...

wonderful card. love it

Thanks for joining us at OSAAT, hope you join us soon again.

my little scrappingcorner
DT One Stitch At A Time

Susan said...

Totally loving this image - and the shape looks great on this card :)
The colours and the felt flowers are stunning......Xx

1CardCreator said...

This is a beautiful card, love the flowers! So glad I saw you at Make It Monday. ~Diane (I am # 103)

Cheryl First said...

Wonderful paper piecing and flowers! Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug for our Anything Goes Challenge!
Cheryl First
DT Member for Bugaboo Stamps

Unknown said...

I saw your card on MIM, LOve the shape and the colouring of the images is so well done

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous, love the image and beautiful ... and those felt flowers are so pretty too. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week. Good luck xx

Michelle said...

Hi Kerry

Ooh that date is creeping closer!! How exciting. I'm loving all your new images and I have seen quite a few of them getting around, actually I have recently featured two cards with your new images on my Pink Paper Paradise facebook page!

Your card is just gorgeous, so perfect for any girl (who doesn't like to shop?!). Those felt flowers are just fantastic!!

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

Made by Mandy said...

This is such a gorgeous card Kerry. I am glad you have used that die as I had seen them in the shop but just couldn't imagine what the die would cut out as..... Those felt flowers were the 1st thing that jumped out at me, they are truly lush :)

Many thanks for joining in with our Use A Digi challenge over at OSAAT & hope to see you back again soon.

Mandy (DT member for OSAAT)

Highland Handmade said...

Oooh this looks fab, love your colouring and all the paper poecing!! I love the shape aswell!! Those new felt colours match perfectly eith the BG papers!!

earthspirit927 said...

wow great card and love all your detail work!!Thank you for joining us this week at Craft your Passion Challenges for our Shape Card Challenge.

Melissa, DT Member
expressionswithearthspirit.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi Kerry, love your card! The colour combo is just gorgeous and the image is great. Wonderful shape to the card as well, and those flowers are just beautiful!

Thanks ever so much for popping by my blog and leaving such a kind comment - it is appreciated.

Was just wandering around your other posts and looking at your beautiful cards. You certainly have an eye for detail and colour.

Best of luck with all the pearls - 5700 my goodness that would panic me!!!

So sorry to hear of your loss as well and hope that your cousin is better soon - the beautiful card will certainly brighten her day.

Kind regards,
Sarah