This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Sunday 22 April 2012

Back in action

 I'm feeling extremely nervous and anxious...not good for grey hairs! Ryan is playing in his first First Team game since his injury last August as I type this. I am on tender hooks crossing all my fingers and toes that he comes through unscathed. At the moment Kilmarnock are beating Hibs 1-0 and judging by the commentary on tv they seem to be doing well. I'm banned from going to his games as he always seems to get injured when I'm there :-( Hubby, Nicole, Ben, Steven and Vanessa are all there cheering him on. At half time Nic text to say he was doing well and looked strong. I won't be able to relax until I see him when he gets home and check for bumps and bruises lol. 

For some reason I have to use Chrome to post now instead of Internet Explorer...seems IE is not longer supported by Blogger...not sure why that is??? Seems something is always changing with Blogger these days. Anyone else come across this? As long as I can publish a post I don't care who is supporting me lol.

In between wedding favours and everything else I managed to make a baby card for my friend's new grandson. My friend has now had 4 weddings and 3 grandchildren in 4 years!!! Sadie and I went to our favourite store Mama's & Papa's to buy a present for the new arrival and we were in there for about an hour lol. Don't tell Nicole and Ben but I was planning their nursery!!!!! I cannot wait to add 'Grandma' to my list of titles lol. 

I decided to rest Sleeping Baby Baby and play with Splash Time Baby Baby ...this is what I came up with...



I used Lasting Impressions pp...only 395 sheets left lol. When I was at Craft World last week I picked up a new set of Nesties I'd been uhming and awing over for ages. I coloured the image with my Copics adding Glossing Accents for the water and a bit of Glamour Dust to the bubbles.



I used one of the new felt colours for the flowers...gorgeous Sky.




I think the twisted easel is one of my favourite style of cards at the moment.


I'd like to enter the following challenges please:


Hiding In My Craft Room - Homemade flowers
Mark's Finest Papers - Stitching
Here Come The Boys - Tiddly Peeps
One Stitch At A Time - Anything Goes
PanPastel UK Challenge - Add a Flower


I'm in a bit of a rush to beat the rain....dashing off to take Rocky and Ruby to CB for a good walk. This morning when we were there we had to cut our walk short as there were 5 horses and a scooter there and if Rocky had caught sight of them it would have been a nightmare!!

I'll let you know how Ryan got on. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

Catch ya later x

19 comments:

mixamatoasties said...

Gorgeous card Kerry.

And yes, Killie beat Hibs. Not really any surprise there though is there. Pfft.

Hope Ryan was ok!!

Susan xxx

Catherine said...

Fab card Kerry, love the shape and those cute flowers (have ordered this die myself, would you please stop showing all these fab things lol.......).

Lisa Jane said...

ooh fingers crossed they won!, and no injuries!
Love this cute card .. and yes i agree the twisted easel is a great design.
Gorgeous felt flowers too
Lisa x

Diane's Card Designs said...

Hi Kerry, Hope all went well for Ryan.
Gorgeous twisted easel card and one of my favourite baby images. Love the nestie shape and backing paper.
Diane xx

Pat said...

Great card. Looks so pretty with the blue. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

Unknown said...

I am a fan of the twisted Easel as well . It is precious.

I hope he wins his game and no bumps and bruises

Gillian .... said...

Great crisp/clean colours, love the twisted easel card too, thanks for sharing at PanPastel UK.

An'Jenic G. said...

Oh My Gosh I love your card. It is so cute and the little baby is handsome. TFS & Thanks for joining us at HIMCR DT AJ!

Unknown said...

Wow this is a really stunning easel Baby card thanks for sharing with us at PanPastel UK.

Kerry DT Leader

craftyfairie.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Kerry your card is adorable! Thanks for sharing it at Here Come The Boys! Woo x

Jenscrapstoo said...

Love this card, the image is super cute and the flowers just finish it off perfectly!! ~Thanks for joining us at HIMCR
Cheers Jennie
HIMCR DT

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Such a gorgeous card, I love the adorable image and those felt flowers add great texture. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
Lindsay xx

Highland Handmade said...

Did they win?? Did he get home safely? This card is absolutely stunning, I love the papers you have used!! hope you are ok x

Jane said...

Fingers crossed Ryan got through unscathed Kerry and even better would be if they won?? What a gorgeous card you made...so fresh and cheerful. The LCI baby stamps and one of my favourite sets, I LOVE them! Have a good week, the days are ticking now....LOL
Jane x

Marjo said...

Adorable baby card Kerry, love the twisted easel design! Thanks for playing with us at OSAAT

hugs Marjo

Sally said...

Love the blue and White paper. I must try one of these easel cards.....maybe we should have a Twisted challenge! Lol.
Just gorgeous...I need a baby boy card so I think I might have to case your card Kerry.
Hugs Sally xxx

Angela Crafty Spot said...

Cute card!! I love your flowers and the twisted easel card. Thanks for joining us at HIMCR!
Angela
HIMCR DT

Designing with Debbie said...

So cute and precious. Beautiful flowers. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy Fox and Friends challenge, we hope to see you again next week. Make sure to check out our challenge with Friends of SpeedyTV for more fun and more chances to win with Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.

Made by Mandy said...

Great Card ! Love your creativity and such a gorgeous cute image :)

Many thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge over at OSAAT & hope to see you back again soon.

Mandy (DT member for OSAAT)