This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Thursday 1 October 2009

Something to think about..

I was reading my PTI News letter today and they were asking Stephanie Ellis some questions about her stamping, style, people who inspire her etc. One of the questions was 'What is the most important thing you've learned about crafting?' She had three things but this one hit closest to home with me and something I totally agree with:

"First, when something is handmade, it will most likely have a flaw or two, and that's OK. Handmade doesn't mean perfectly straight stitches or solid inked images. It means that I thought about someone and made something just for them with my own two hands. It means I made something with thoughtfulness, love and admiration. If I wanted straight stitches and solid inked images, I would simply buy pre-made cards and gifts"

I know I'm guilty of being a perfectionist at times but then I remind myself that it doesn't have to be perfect. It's the thought that goes into it that counts. Ok, there are limits I will let something get passed quality control, LOL, but I have managed to relax a bit when I've committed an 'artisic error'!

Catch ya later x

No comments: