This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Monday 5 October 2009

Men's cards...Blech!!!

How's your Monday so far? I've had a pretty productive day...I finally got to make some cards! It was a nice change from cutting LOL. I'm only going to show you one today .... changed my mind...I'll show them both to you : )

The first 2 pictures are of the card for Pierce's friend John who is 50 tomorrow. I don't think I have to worry that he'll see it on my blog before then LOL. I kinda cheated and used the same paper and layout from the card I made with Dogwalker Nikki though I changed the button for a corduroy brad from SU! (thanks Trace!) and moved the location of it. John was about 15 here...I hope he brings his sense of humour with him when they meet for lunch tomorrow LOL. The card looks a bit warped but it's not...must be the photographer : ) I was experimenting with the size of the pictures when I was uploading them so sorry if it's too in your face.

The next card and notebook are for my niece Ciara who's birthday is on Wednesday. I'll be mailing it tomorrow so I hope it gets there in time. I used 2 of my Nikki's and stamped them in Brilliance Graphite Black. I'm finding this is the best ink to use with the stamps and once it dries either on it's own or with a little help from a heat gun you can use your Copics and Prisma Pencils with no problems. I love the pp...it's from Imaginisce and in my favourite colour combo (one of them anyway) of pink and green with a little blue thrown in to mix it up. Ciara's a bit of a shopaholic so the notepad with come in handy.

That's it for tonight folks. I'm going to shut up shop for tonight and get some ironing done so I can work guilt free tomorrow.... I'm going to start the samples for the demo day at Craftology on Saturday.

Catch ya later x

No comments: