This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Wednesday 28 October 2009

What a busy 6 days I've had! I quite enjoyed the SECC on Thursday. It was quite quiet when I arrived but it wasn't long before it was super busy. It's a very long time since I remember the first day being that busy...it was almost like the good old days lol. There wasn't that many new things about...still a lot of the cheap stuff and 10 for a £1 but I did find a new stand called Snazzy's that I really liked. She didn't have new new stuff if you know what I mean but she was demonstrating Tim Holtz alcohol inks which I knew about but had never used (even though I have some!) or really seen demonstrated. She used the ink pads, stencil brush, mask and Inkadinkado cling stamps and before you could say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious she whipped up a gorgeous front for a card. I stood there for ages watching her and asking all sorts of questions...I'm sure she must have got fed up with me as well as everyone else that wanted to watch and ask questions too!! I ended up buying 4 ink pads and 2 stamp sets (one was the Hero Arts set with the shoes on it). I went back later on as well to have another gander and then when I picked Karen up on Sunday I had another natter with Snazzy (I'm sure that's not her real name lol!!) and found out she'd been at the Corn Exchange in June and will be there again next year. You can guess I'll be paying her a visit there lol!

Here is one card I made using all the toys I bought ... it's nothing like I normally do and a bit out of my comfort zone buy I really liked how easy it was once I got the hang of it. I couldn't get any of the brushes at the craft fair but ended up getting some at Homebase until I can get the Dreamweaver ones. The brushes I got kept losing it's bristles so I can't imagine there will be many left if I made a batch of cards lol.





I don't think it's too bad for a first attempt. You can't really see the glitter but it's really nice and sparkly. I've made 2 more using other images but haven't assembled them into cards yet. When I do I'll post them for you to see.
Karen and I had a great time when she was staying with me. She usually demonstrates for Cardcraft Plus in the March and October shows at the SECC and we always wrangle an extra day or two for her to stay so we can play (thanks Ant, Thomas & Ben!!). I hinted I had a few things up my sleeve in an earlier post, one being Nikki & Friends was going to be featured in the November issue of Simply Cards & Papercraft news section. Welllllllllllllllllll, one of the other things up my sleeve is that Karen has been commissioned by Cardmaking & Papercraft to do a 6 page tutorial for the Quick Cards section to make 12 cards using Nikki & Friends!!!!!!!!! Can you say OMG???!!! OMG....I was so excited when she told me so while I was stenciling my owls she was working on the cards for the magazine and I'm just bursting to show you what she made but I can't. I don't know how I'm going to keep it to myself till the issue comes out in January but can assure you I'll be outside the store at 9 o'clock to get my issue LOL.
Ok, I don't think I can stand any more excitement today so I'll finish up here and get dinner started. I still have a few more things to share with you but all in good time!
Catch ya later x

No comments: