This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Tuesday 10 September 2013

Silly Snowmen Midweek Reminder

What a week I've had!!! Not all good though...I've had serious internet issues...like I've got NONE!! I haven't quite mastered posting from my phone so have been waiting very impatiently to be up and running again. It's all over a new sports channel that is exclusive to BT...well that's not entirely true...I could have got it while with Talk Talk but hubby wanted NEEDED it in HD and that's where the trouble began...we can only get it from BT. Against my better judgement I swapped from TT to BT...they change was supposed to take effect from last Tuesday and sure enough TT cut me off, my shiny new hub arrived from BT and I tried to install in that night. In theory it should have taken 5 minutes but here I am a week later with no internet. I've talked to some lovely people in another country for what seems like hours...all very understanding and murmuring the right words to say as I rant on about how I getting behind in my work and I wanted to speak to someone higher up. By this point I'd spoken to someone at Level 1, Level 2 skipping up to Serious Customer Support but still not high enough to fix my problem. I was told an engineer could come out on WEDNESDAY and if they found a fault in my house I would have the privilege of paying £99 for them to fix it!!! I've got a friend quite high up in BT but I don't like to call on him until I'm really bitter and twisted. Well that bitter and twisted moment came yesterday lol. I made the call and fingers crossed I will be up and running tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

Enough of my whining....here's my card for the Silly Snowmen midweek reminder....


This was a super fun and quick card to make. I imported the image onto a document adjusting the size and placing it in the bottom right corner then using a text box, typed the sentiment and dragged it to where I wanted it. So easy! I ran the main card through my Ebosser with an embossing folder covering only 2/3 of the front. I coloured the image with my Copics adding glitter to the hat, scarf, skates and frozen pond then wonky stitched the edge before adhering it to the front of the card with foam pads.




I'll definitely be making some of these for my Christmas cards this year! Oh and don't forget if you leave a comment on the Challenge blog about the Silly Snowmen you could end up with the whole lot!!!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Crafty Cardmakers - Christmas Snow and Ice
Cutie Pie Challenge - Cute Christmas
Love to Scrap - Anything Goes
Make it Monday - Anything Goes
Parade Your Crafts - Anything Goes

Now for my weekly Coen update. He is going to be 16 weeks tomorrow...that's SIXTEEN Peeps!!!!! The time is just flying in and he's mastered his Mr Bobblehead pose (first picture), eating a few spoonfuls of baby rice seated in his new highchair and giggling! He is an absolute joy :-D



Mr Bobblehead pose


Enjoying his fancy new chair pod thingy to help him sit up (whatever happened to cushions lol???)


Having a cuddle with Grandma (that's me!)

I've a few things to do before I pack up and head home so I'll love you and leave you. Once my internet is back on I'll be back commenting :-D

Thanks for stopping by

xx

16 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Hope you are back on line now and up and running at speed.

Love this card and that stamp is fabulous and fun.

As for the little chap, oh! my goodness I just want to squash him :) not too tight honest.

Marianne said...

Oh, little Coen is so adorable. Why do you need Internet if you can cuddle him instead?!
On a more serious note, I cannot stand it when I'm cut off from the Internet for an hour or so due to a power cut. I need the Internet to be able to work and generate an income, which is why I would be very hesitant to switch providers (esp. in Greece). The winter before last, we were cut off from all electricity for an entire working day because the electricity company needed to place some new poles, but they didn't notify anyone! Fortunately, I did not have any deadlines that Friday, but it was freezing cold and we depend on electricity for everything, including heating and cooking.
It's good to have friends in the right places. Hope your Internet will be up and running again soon!
Marianne x

Rene said...

Your card is almost as fabulous as your baby! SO cute! Love your card...simply stunning!
Thank you so much for joining us at MIM! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Good luck,
Rene :D

Lisa xx said...

Oh this really is a sweetie, what a gorgeous image and I love the cas design

thank you for joining in with the cutie pies

.....and talking of cuties, aaawww!

Kathleen said...

Two really sweet images, the snowman is great and love the colours but Cohen is super cute.

Kath x

Lin said...

A completely adorable baby! Cute as you like, and your card isn't bad either!!!! LOL Seriously, your Grandson is adorable, and your card is really cute. I love that image and it made me smile as soon as I saw it.

Thanks for sharing with us

Lin xx
Crafty Cardmakers

DesignerDiva said...

I don't know what I'd do without my weekly Coen update now!! What a little cutie, oh yes and your card is fab too!!
Hugs Laurie xx

loz said...

Gorgeous card and fabulous image and photos. Visiting from MIM.Loz

Wendy said...

Lovely CAS christmas card! Great embossing in the background. Popped by from MIM xx

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Cute image. Love the embossing. Thank you for joining us in the challenge at The Parade Your Crafts Blog

Josephine said...

Beautiful card - love the all white background.

Thanks for joining my 'Christmas Snow and Ice' challenge at Crafty Cardmakers!

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our Anything Goes Challenge at Love to Scrap, great job!

Leanne DT LTS!

Cathy's Obsessions Still said...

Cute card!! Adorable lil guy!! Thanks for playing along with us at Loves To Scrap!!

Gem x said...

Ahh your card is super cute, and so it the baby, thanks for entering into Cutie Pie Challenge. Gem DT xx

Leslie said...

Your project is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us in the Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog's "Anything Goes!" challenge!
Hugs,
Leslie, DT
http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

http://ladybugcraftsink.blogspot.com/2013/09/silly-snowmen-midweek-reminder.html