This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Thursday 12 July 2012

Modern Art?? Hmph!

My friend Sharon arrived on Tuesday morning from Vancouver and today we went into Glasgow with Nicole and my other house guest Aby...the totally stunnalciious 16 year old daughter of friends of ours. First stop was Yo Sushi for some lunch (my son in law is manager...still find that strange to say lol) then Sharon and I went off for a spot of shopping (amazing sale in Planet) then to the Modern Art Gallery. I hadn't been in there for years and it has undergone a massive refurb. I'm really not into the gallery thing but knew Sharon was so off we went and had a look see. Walking through the corridors confirmed that I'm definitely not a fan of galleries...or this one anyway lol. For instance there was a yellow post it note in a frame and written on it was 'Back in 20 minutes'. So I'm standing there looking at the post it note trying to feel SOMETHING...some kind of revelation ...trying to get the meaning and how it was going to change my life and all I could think of was rushing home and framing all the post it notes I had and selling them to the gallery lol!!! I obviously didn't get it and don't think I ever will.

It was Ladybug Tams' birthday at the beginning of June and by the end of June I had her card made and in the post...not bad huh lol!!! Here's what I did...it might look a bit familiar....


I made my sister Tracey's Nifty At Fifty card and Tams' at the same time but just flipped the layouts so they were the same but different iykwim. 







I've kept it relatively short...we're heading off to see Magic Mike now at the cinema. I LOVE going to the movies...especially the Ben and Jerry's .... Fairly Nuts please!!!!

I think Ruby has got grass seeds in her face again as she's got the same symptoms as last year so will be phoning the vet first thing. Will keep you posted.

Catch ya later xx

3 comments:

Jane said...

I am so with you Kerry re modern art. I once saw a picture (if you can call it that) which was simply a canvas painted blue....no variations just plain blue, I could have got Billy to do it! I think they see us coming. Hope you enjoyed the film? Your card is scrummy, I have such stitching envy..yours always looks so perfect. I do love the month thingy...really clever. Have a fab weekend, we are picking up The Dress tomorrow ;0)
Hugs, Jane xxxxxxxxxx

Highland Handmade said...

My card was perfect, even with all that pink!! lol Thankyou so much!! As for art, I often wonder the same things, I reckon I could make millions with some of the rubbish that gets into places like this!! xx

Highland Handmade said...

My card was perfect, even with all that pink!! lol Thankyou so much!! As for art, I often wonder the same things, I reckon I could make millions with some of the rubbish that gets into places like this!! xx