This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Saturday 23 June 2012

Sketch Saturday - Week #4

Boy the weeks are just flying by...we've had the longest day of the year and now we're heading to winter lol. Well it sure feels like it at the moment. I can't remember the last time I had my heating on in June hmph!

It's week 4 of my sponsorship of Sketch Saturday. I had made the first 3 cards way back in Feb/Mar so I've had it pretty easy and it's just as well because I've only JUST got my act together and felt like making cards. Although I knew in the back of my mind I still had to make today's card, thankfully Jen gave me a little nudge on Wednesday and I got it made AND emailed to her that night :-D

Here's this week's sketch...


And here's my card...


I decided to give The Teenager's a break and use Slobbing Nikki. My dream is to have a day just like hers...cozied up on the couch in my pj's with a coffee and either a good book or a movie...and how could I forget the chocolate... Lindor red truffle balls thank you very much lol.

I have so much 12 x 12 pp it's ridiculous...especially when I still buy the odd piece or a 6 x 6 pad. I had a search through my stash and found a stack of Blonde Moments pp...do you remember them?? I used to love all things Blonde Moments from their stamps to their pp and gorgeous embossing powders and stamp pads. Diane (the owner) was so creative and I loved watching her whip up a card in minutes when she had a stand at the SECC. I'm definitely going to use more of her pp now I know where it is lol.




I made this card for a friend who I might be seeing today for a quick coffee. I was getting bored of just writing...hope you have the best birthday ever so did a google search (what did we do before Google???!!) and settled on 'Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that people who have the most live the longest' lolololol....perfect!

Thanks for stopping by today...hope you have a great weekend :-D

Catch ya later x

6 comments:

Mary J said...

A really great card, Kerry - love your take on that complicated looking sketch!

We put our bed blanket on last night - not good!!!!!

Lisa Jane said...

Helloooo ... well i have pretty much had a day like Nikki lol.. no point going anywhere in the torrential rain.. so had a lazy day!
Gorgeous colours .. so pretty
Lisa x

DesignerDiva said...

I love this card Kerry the twine and the felt flowers are gorgeous
Hugs Laurie x

Julie said...

Fab card Kerry, those roses are gorgeous and the sentiment is totally brilliant, mind if I borrow it some time?
Enjoy your weekend,Julie.x

Marianne said...

Hello there ... strill trying to catch up after my holidays. Had a lazy day yesterday, reading Victoria Hislop's latest novel (situated in Thessaloniki, Greece). I'm facing a dilemma today: finishing the book or making my first card after 6 weeks or so. Oh and taking a swim in the pool, since it's 26 degrees in my office.
Love your card BTW, really must try some felt flowers myself. I also managed to get hold of a copy of the Digital magazine but haven't had time to look at the CDs yet what with work, chores and DH mostly in bed with a slipped disk. ;-(

Diane's Card Designs said...

Wow...love this card and one of my favourite image. The colours are beautiful. The twine and flowers go perfect with the papers. Great take on the sketch.
Diane xx