This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Tuesday 15 November 2011

TLT - My Challenge - Fairies

Well hello everyone...glad you've made it back to another TLT. So what about the blog hop??? Judging by the comments you guys had a lot of fun lol. I know we had fun reading them and picking the winners...and boy were there a lot of them! Make sure you check the Challenge Blog to see if you've won some Ladybug Candy or the Blog Hop prizes OR the Challenge prizes! I told you there were a lot lol.
The winner of my candy is.... Marianne!!!
Congratulations Marianne...email me with your address and I'll get your prize (and surprise!) off to you asap.
Now for today's challenge of Fairies chose by Moi lol.
When I was at the craft fair at the SECC last month I picked up some Shake It shaker card pouches on a stand that had some gorgeous ornaments ... I'm annoyed I didn't take pictures so I kinda just winged it lol. See what you think...

I chose the gorgeous Ice Skating Ruby to go in my shaker. I stamped her twice on PTI cs and coloured them in with my Copics adding a bit of Glamour Dust to her wings and mountains and snow glitter to her coat and hat. After cutting both images with circle Nesties I strung some invisible thread between the two images. I placed the images in one half of the shaker pouch, added a bit of irredescent snow glitter and tried (and failed) to glue the two pouch halves together with Glossy Accents. I ended up using strips of double sided tape to stick them together which worked a treat :-D  I cut out two fancy die cuts with my Nesties then cut a circle out of the middle of these for the pouch to go through. Once that was done I taped the other side of the fancy die cut to the other side, added the bow at the top, the Swarovski crystals around the edges and the sentiment at the bottom.



Not a great picture but I wanted to show you the depth of the pouch.

I'll definitely be hanging this on my tree...might even make another one or two!

The DT have been busy and I can promise you nothing but stunnalicious inspiration! We'd love to see your fairy creations so why not enter our challenge?

Thanks for stopping by today

Catch ya later x

9 comments:

pinky said...

Wow wow wow, she is stunning. I love your shaker decoration. I want to make one now. Gorgeous Kerry and love your choice of challenge theme this week;)

Marianne said...

This is gorgeous Kerry. I bet it will look wonderful on your tree! I'm also thrilled to bits to have won your blog candy. Will e-mail you right away. Marianne x

Lisa Jane said...

Definitely worth the wait .. its fabuloso! i love making these .. i have made one every year for Beth.. Its so pretty. Love the spotty ribbon
Lisa x

Mary J said...

Dinky sweet Kerry!

Pami said...

Wow this is fabulicious Kerry!! Love it! You can send it to me if you want to!! Great challenge this week! Pami x

Sue U said...

I love this Kerry, so pretty and would make a stunning decoration. Love it! Sue xx

Whimsey said...

WOW - look at your shakin' and a bakin'!! :D

Love the round cards - always love those! Love all the sparkly glitter - I wanna ice skate and be purdy like Ruby! Love the gems and ribbon too - totally delightful!

Julie said...

Oh my word,what an amazing creation,Loving the shaker effect,soooo special!.x

DesignerDiva said...

Fabulous Kerry you may never make make a square card again now you have these gorgeous dies! Love the glitter and spotty bow
Laurie xx