This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Sunday 9 October 2011

It's Official!

I've had one of the best weeks EVER and it's still not over! Between the weekend in Ireland, the Mobo's and meeting Mary J on Wednesday and our friends 40th birthday party last night I am totally wrecked and I still have Rhianna tomorrow night lol. I really am too old for so little sleep ;-D

The party was held in a cafe and was closed to the 70ish guest invited. The food was fantastic and the entertainment just as good. We thought we were in for a night of karaoke there was a special guest entertainer who turned out to be Edward who was on Britain's Got Talent this year. You can see him here....very funny with an amazing voice...also sang 'normal' songs! There was one more surprise .... Alan Carr (for those who don't know he's a British comedian) dropped in after his show in town!!! How flipping exciting is that...I would have loved to have gotten my picture taken with him but he was mobbed. On the way back from the loo I passed him on his own and had a little chat with him!! He was lovely and probably relieved I didn't ask for a picture lol.

Everybody had a great time until the police arrived...they'd had complaints about the noise so the party finished at our friends house. Hubby doesn't drink but he's got a huge lack of sleep hangover lol.

Of course I had to make a card and this is what I came up with...


Somehow I managed to find 10 minutes to look at blogs the other day and saw a side stepper card on Susan's blog. There was one comment before mine from Diane who had made a stepper card using the same image...Ben & Nikki Walking Buttercup...within days of each other AND Diane was going to use the same papers as Susan but changed her mind...how spooky!!! I hadn't made one for ages so they both inspired me to make one. I headed over to Lyndsey's blog where I knew I'd find a tutorial for a stepper card plus plenty more. From memory I think these were free MME pp from one of the craft magazines. If I could change anything it would be the felt flowers...maybe not the flowers but the colour and the centres.



Every time I use Martini Nikki I ALWAYS glitter up her top...it just kinda begs
to :-D



From this angle you can see how I decorated the inside.

Tonight is going to be spent catching up on X Factor and ironing! Hopefully I'll get an early night so I can also catch up on some sleep...I don't want to be falling asleep at Rhianna! No doubt I'll have some pictures from the concert to share with you later in the week.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Catch ya later x

7 comments:

Diane's Card Designs said...

Hi Kerry, looks like you have had a busy but fantastic weekend and you have more to come with Rhianna........You lucky girl!!!
It was spooky me and Susan making similar cards. When I saw her card in my blog list I thought what's my card doing there....lol
Anyway enough of my waffle and onto your card. The side stepper is one of my favourite cards and you've decorated it beautifully. I love Nicky's glittery top and the gems on her sofa. The felt flowers look lovely with the spacers and gems in the middle.
Hope you get a good nights sleep!
Diane xx

Gaynor Greaves said...

Wow sounds like you've had a great time this week, I just love Alan Carr he's so funny. I love your card, those papers are divine, Have fun at Rhianna, I've seen her and she's great, Gaynor :)

Lisa Jane said...

sounds like fun! I would love to meet Alan Carr ..he is soo funny.

Your card is beautiful... gorgeous colours and papers .
Enjoy the x factor lol
Lisa x

Pami said...

You are really are mixing with the stars this week!! How lucky for you and so glad you are having such fun!!

Your card is super, I love this style but never tried one myself, the papers are fabby and I love the flowers!

Hope you get an early night tonight!
P x

Sue U said...

LOL, know what you mean about not being able to cope with a busy week like I used to when I was younger!! Glad you had a fab time at the party, enjoy Rhianna tomorrow :-D
Sue xx

Susan said...

Absolutely gorgeous Kerry - love the papers and Nikki looks so glam Xx

Whimsey said...

Absolutely adorable - love how glammed up Nikki is! Brilliant; glad it's such a great week!