This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Saturday 19 February 2011

Here we go again!

I arrived safely at BFF's on Thursday night with little mishap. In fact the journey was quite uneventful so I've no stories to tell  :-( It's great seeing Karen again and as usual it was verbal diarrhoea all the way to her house lol.

Yesterday we went to Ikea to pick up a tall table with a couple of drawers for the stand. I don't know about you but I LOVE Ikea. We spent a couple of hours there adding things to our wish list. After Ikea we went to Costco where we got the most amazing chicken pizza and Ceasar salad for dinner. The pizza was huge and we were sure we would have loads left over for breakfast....ummm nope lol! The rest of the night we spent getting last minute bits and pieces done for the show then Karen coloured her hair and we both put a face mask on. I had every intention of posting the pictures but when I saw them decided they were a bit too scary lol.

Today we headed to the NEC with all our loot, rolled up our sleeves and set to work on the stand. This is what met us when we arrived....



A little bit different from the stand at CHA wouldn't you agree!! I had ordered a 3 x 1 metre stand but a week ago I received an email from the organisers saying they've had to shuffle the stands around and would it be ok if I had a 5 x 1 metre stand instead at no extra charge. Yes please!! It's just as well because it wasn't long before it walls were filling up.


You won't find a picture of Karen or I in these...we were definitely camera shy and besides you know what we look like anyway lol.


Almost there


We tried as best we could to get it like CHA without our Creative Director (Tracey) and I think we did a pretty good job .... I'm sure she'll let me know lol. We are going to create character headings on the PC tonight and laminate them as the black letters were all stuck together.





The hall was absolutely freezing and we're both still like blocks of ice. Karen's not feeling so great...she's got all the symptoms of flu so we're going to try and have an early night and hopefully she'll feel better in the morning. If she's not I've told her she's staying put and I'll carry on...Sue's arriving mid afternoon so she can start her shift early!!!! I'm looking so forward to meeting Sue and seeing Hayley again on Monday.

Dinner's almost ready so I'll head. Thanks for taking the time to stop by and make sure you come and see us at BS12 if you're going to be at Stitches.

Catch ya later x

7 comments:

cowboydutrem said...

I prefered the white background of the CHA stand, but this one is great too... Good thing you got more room to display the samples! Sorry for Karen, hope she feels better tomorrow! Can't wait to hear about your meeting with Sue!

Pami said...

It all looks fabulous Kerry, wish I could be there with you! Good luck and I hope Karen feels better tomorrow. Pami x

Mary J said...

Ohhhh, I wish I was there with you too! What's your next one? I'm gonna try to make it so I can come and join in!!

Hugs to Karen! And say a HUGE hi to Sue - I can't wait to meet her one day!!

Anita said...

The booth looks fantastic. I hope Karen feels 100& tomorrow.

Diane's Card Designs said...

Hi Kerry, GOOD LUCK! Looks like your having a great time, wish I was there.
Just thought your probably not picking up my new posts as I changed my blog name to Dianescarddesigns.blogspot.com
All the best with your stall xx

Lisa Jane said...

it looks so totally fabarooni.. and fingers crossed Karen feels a lot better soon
Lisa xx

Bee Crafty said...

The stand looked great and we have brought our order form home and will be emailing an order across soon, I love Nikki :)

Bev x