This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Tuesday 15 April 2014

WOW - Get your whites out it's a White on White challenge!

 Happy Tuesday everyone. Hope you're all well and enjoying the sunshine. Yes, we have sunshine in Glasgow... I'm going to take a picture of it because it's supposed to be gone by tomorrow :-S 

Thank you to everyone who entered our Birthday challenge...the entries were all stunning AND we had 5 entries using an LCI image which all the Ladybugs were thrilled with. We'd love to see more LCI images used in our new challenge starting today. Make sure you check out the Challenge Blog to see if you were one of the winners.

Our Lovely Ladybug Susan has chosen one of my favourite challenges...WOW or white on white. I think white on white cards are stunning and are perfect for any occasion so let's see what you can do!

We're all using a Floral Delight image from across the 3 collections... Floral Delight Floral Delight Too and Floral Delight 3 but you can use any image.

I've used House of Daisies from the Floral Delight 3 collection. I love this image and I really like how my card turned out though it was a bit of a process and I couldn't get a decent picture but you can let me know what you think...


Ryan has been lodging with his acting coach and they recently moved house which means he doesn't have to sleep on the couch any more lol. I thought I'd make them a card and House of Daisies was perfect. I cut a scalloped circle aperture from the card blank and embossed the front. I cut a frame using 2 dies...this was the process (I won't bore you with the details but QOB came to the rescue)...and glued it in place. The sold sign is made from Die-namics Mini Penant Dies. I printed the image on a piece of cs slightly smaller than the size of the card blank, coloured it with my Copics  and stitched it onto a mat before adhering it to the inside. I then added glitter, Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents


Tuesday wouldn't be the same without pictures of my favourite munchkin...


I had kept a big box of Duplo that my kids loved to play with. I washed some of it in the dishwasher and we had a Duplo play day. I'm not sure who enjoyed it more, me or Coen lol.


We've started giving Coen more finger foods...I think we took the hint when he pursed his lips and refused to eat off the spoon lol.

I've got to take Ruby to the vet this morning so I better get going. 

Thanks for stopping by

Catch ya later x

7 comments:

Marianne said...

Great card, Kerry. I think I'd better start colouring one of the Floral Delight images I printed out a long long time ago and finally put it to good use on a WOW card, if I can find the time. With work, 6 cats, 1 dog (now 6 months old; we found him in our garden 5 months ago on my birthday) and a husband who needs heart surgery (24 April) and is not allowed to do much, there doesn't seem to be much time left for crafting...
Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts...
Marianne x

Chris said...

Beautiful card, Kerry - the die cutting sounds a bit complicated, but the result is gorgeous!
Coen is totally gorgeous! He gets cuter every post! Lovely to see him playing with the Duplo, I still have loads of my son's, my granddaughters are not interested in it (ferries and trains!) but one day there may be a grandson....!:)
Chris
x

Susan said...

Stunnalicious card Kerry - I'm yet to colour this one. Love QOB's tutorial - it looks fab.
I used to place Lewis' Lego in a pillow case in the washing machine - comes up like new....
Can't believe how much he's grown - he's just toooo cute xxx

Kathleen said...

Fabulous card and wonderfully coloured image, love the way you have done the frame and a great embossing folder.

The photo's are stunning, just look at those beautiful eyes.

Kath x

Whimsey said...

What a great card - LOVE the outside frame; didn't even realize that's what it was till I took a closer look.

Coen...his eyes melt my heart; he is sooo cute!! Hope Nic is doing well back at work!

Highland Handmade said...

Fab card, love the last 3 pics of Coen, he looks very cheeky x

Sally said...

Great card Kerry love the aperture.
Coen looks too cute! Lol such a cheeky lil face.
Happy Easter!
Hugs Sally xxx